Chapter 35

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Claire~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night's drama was a nightmare. I won't say that it was unexpected from my mom, but this time mom had really pulled the string a bit too much for Oliver to handle. I know my brother in and out, he might seem too tough and arrogant to his employees but when it's the matter of his family, he becomes the most caring, protective and living person in the world, especially when something concerns our mom. But there is a limit to everyone's patience and tolerance. Mom always take unnecessary advantage of Oliver's love for her, and last night was no different. But she is forgetting one thing that Sam is his family too now. He has never made any efforts to introduce any of his past girlfriends to mom. Never even cared to tell anything about them. Sam is different for him. He really loves her. And I am thankful for Sam, otherwise Mom had made made him marry Julianne. I never liked her. She has this dark aura around her which makes goodness repell from her. I can see cunningness and conspiracy in her eyes. And one thing I am sure about is that she doesn't love Ollie. Last night she was the one to poison mom's head against Sam. She definitely is plotting something and I need to find out the truth before she does anymore harm to my brother.

I called Sam to find out if she was fine. Thankfully she picked up the phone.

" Hi Claire!"

"Hi Sam, thank God you picked up. I thought you are still mad."

"Why would I be mad at you. Yesterday night I didn't pick up because I was very upset".

"I am really sorry for whatever happened yesterday at the party Sam."

"That's ok Claire, it was not your fault".

"Er.... Sam, are you still mad at Ollie?"

"No, not anymore", she chuckled and I immediately felt a lot of relief.

"Ok, if you are free, let's meet in the evening."

"Er.. I am free, but Oliver has some work."

"Good. Actually, I want to meet just you. And don't tell Ollie anything about it just yet".

"Er.. Ok!", She said with a little doubt.

"Alright then, we'll meet at 'Barritos' at 5. Oh yes, er... Is it possible for you to bring your friend Ben with you?"

"Ben? I can try. But why him?"

"That I'll explain when we meet. Thanks. See ya!"  I said and hung up before she changes her mind of bringing Ben with her.

                    *************

When I entered the café, I saw Sam already there. I tried to find a guy along her side but it seemed she was there all alone. I reached her table and sat pulling the chair opposite to hers.

"Hi sissy", I said smiling at her.

"Hi most beautiful future sis in law", she chuckled.

"So, why are we here?", She asked.

"Actually I wanted to discuss what happened yesterday. First of all I am really sorry for my mum's behaviour. She can really be impossible sometimes."

"It's alright. She loves Oliver a lot", she said.

"I am amazed, how can you still be so positive about her? You really have a golden heart Sam."

"Let's just say,I have seen worst."

"Hmmm. Anyways, apart from that the main thing which I wanted to discuss was about Julianne. I think we underestimated her. She is more cunning than we had earlier thought".