Chapter 21

"Oh my god." Sasuke muttered under his breath when he turned and saw Naruto next to him. It gave him a fright as Naruto had appeared next to him, holding fishes and rabbits. It seemed like she caught a literal feast instead of just enough for everyone. Akamaru was padding towards where Naruto gestured with a bag hanging from his mouth. The dog lowered the bundle and it had been berries and fruits that she found on the way. Sasuke looked at the food, he had never seen any of these fruits and berries on their way here. He eyed Naruto suspiciously but the blond just smiled at him slightly and shrugged. The truth was that she had teleported her and Akamaru to another forest to gather these ingredients, but she ain't about to let everyone know that she put so much effort into gathering food for them.
"Where did these fruits come from?" Ino asked, wanting to strike up a conversation with Naruto.
"Forest." Naruto replied curtly before she began prepping the fish. Ino gulped, she doesn't really want to touch the fish but she really wanted to hang around Naruto to find an opportunity to say that she was sorry. She had done a bit of thinking yesterday when Naruto revealed stuff that none of them knew and it had made her realise that there was more to Naruto than meets the eye and they shouldn't have judged her without asking questions first. "Do you need help? I can help you prep the fish." Naruto looked up at Ino, the Yamanaka heiress was fidgetting slightly.
"You don't like prepping fish." Naruto stated as a matter of fact. Ino's jaw dropped slightly, how did she know? "We went on a mission together before and you have expressed your disgust."
"You were paying attention to what I was saying all the time?" Ino asked, she never really paid attention to Naruto and she thought the other blond would have returned the treatment.
"People say to treat people the way you want to be treated, but I guess that hadn't worked out for me anyways." Naruto said softly, Ino hung her head ashamed. Naruto glanced at her, She almost felt bad. Almost. Naruto sighed, she may be mad that they treated her like she was easy to push around and bully and yet still think they can be friends but she wouldn't go as far as treating them the way they had treated her, no one deserved such a shitty attitude towards them. Naruto looked around before her eyes settled on the fruits and berries. "Ino." the kunoichi perked up, surprised that the other blond had called her name. "Could you please wash the berries and fruits?" Despite all the mean things Naruto went through, she was still polite. It was weird but she was glad that Naruto hadn't shut her out completely. Ino grinned and nodded happily, glad to be able to help Naruto. She may have been bad to Naruto before but that's all going to change, she was going to be a better person and treat Naruto the way Naruto should have been treated - treated with a lot of love and friendship.

"Sasuke." Naruto called out softly after they finished dinner and the Raven had gone somewhere then returned. Naruto turned and walked towards into the forest. They were going to have some training done tonight, Naruto's little trips before dinner wasn't enough for her enormous amount of stamina and chakra. Sasuke dashed through the tree branches, hiding. He searched for the blond with his sharingan. He spotted her standing behind a tree some distance away. He snuck up to the blond, they had to be quiet during their training to not draw attention and they couldn't use to much chakra nor can they use flashy weapons like explosive tags. Sasuke chucked shurikens to drive Naruto into the open but the blond didn't move. Sasuke stared, Naruto hadn't dodged the weapons either and it stuck into her arms which she used to shield her face. Sasuke approached and Sasuke saw the slightest lip movement. He threw himself to the left just as a net drew upwards. She had set up a trap! She knew he would approach that way. Sasuke sighed, he should be glad it wasn't a trap that was worser or more dangerous than a net that would keep him suspended in mid air. Sasuke got to his feet as Naruto walked to him. She ripped out the shurikens from her arms, wiping the blood away from the weapons before handing it back to him. Sasuke swallowed at the sight, Naruto hadn't flinched from the shuriken making contact and her pulling out the shurikens. It's almost like this sort of injury doesn't affect her or hurt her. "You didn't see the trap. It was really obvious Sasuke. What's bothering you?" Naruto asked, rubbing Sasuke's arm. Sasuke looked at her, taking her hand in his.
"I just... You get hurt and I got worried and I-" Sasuke blabbered. Naruto gripped his shoulders, shaking him.
"Look at me, Sasuke. I know you want to protect me and that it hurts to see me hurt and stuff. But remember, we are shinobis. We get hurt every day and we cheat to get to our end goal sometimes. Not everyone would play fair. Just because we are dating doesn't change anything. I still heal fast and I can still protect myself. I am still Naruto, just because I don't shout my opinions anymore doesn't mean I'm a different person you know." Naruto said seriously. It was somewhat irritating him that Sasuke is treating her like she's fragile.
"I know I know. You definitely can protect yourself and you are extremely strong. It's just, there's just this thing... feeling? And since we are together I just get a little overprotective?" Sasuke said, unsure if that was how to describe that feeling exactly. Naruto looked him and before giving him a small smile. She pulled him closer and pressed her lips to his forehead. Thank you for being there for me and protecting me Sasuke. "I love you, you know that right?" Naruto muttered.
"I know." Sasuke said softly, pulling her into his embrace. "I love you too." I will always protect you Naruto. Even when you don't want me to.