one

June 17th, 1991

Today, I was moving up to New York to stay with my uncle Andre Harell, the owner of Uptown Records. I was excited since I just graduated high school and I was even more excited cause I plan on going to NYU in the fall. He was gonna let me stay at his place and I was allowed to be all around the building of Uptown. I mean... I could be mingling with the likes of Heavy D, Al B Sure, and of course, Jodeci.

I entered the building to Uptown. The lady led me to his office. When he saw me, he was happy to see me.

"Ahh my niecey Diana!" he cheered.

"Hi Uncle Andre" I said back.

"How's my girl? Congrats on graduating and getting into NYU" he told me.

"Thanks Unc! I'm excited to be here" I told him.

"And so am I, you're gonna enjoy it here" he told me. "Lemme show you around".

Uncle Andre showed me around the building. It was pretty nice. I'm glad someone from my family was doing it big.

"And that was the building, what do you wanna do? We could go out for lunch?" he asked me.

"Nah it's fine" I said. "I ate before I came".

"Oh ok, here lemme go check on Heavy in the back" he said as he walked away.

I continued to walk around and I overheard something. I overheard a bunch of singing and that's when I realized who it was. It was Jodeci. I was about to freak out but I kept my cool. They were singing my favorite song on their album too, Forever My Lady. I was trying not to join in cause that would've been weird but I couldn't resist it.

Forever my lady, it's like a dream
I'm holding you close, keeping you warm, If this is ecstasy
Forever my lady, I say just what I mean
Forever and ever
I pray for what I see
Yes my baby

That's when they opened the door and I saw me singing. They looked right at me and I was so shocked. I just stared at them as they gave me a look.

Then, Devante Swing walked up to me. He looked dead at me. His eyes were so memorizing. He looked at me up and down and smirked.

 He looked at me up and down and smirked

"You sounded amazing" he said to me.

"Thank you" I said.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"Diana" I said.

"Well Diana, nice to meet you" he smirked.

"I obviously know who y'all are, I love y'all music by the way" I said.

"Thank you" JoJo said from the back.

"Damn she fine as hell" K-Ci blurted out.

I peeped that Devante gave him a look after he said that.

"So, you gonna be here a lot?" he wondered.

"Yeah imma be up here for the summer with my uncle Andre until I start at NYU" I told him.

"Cool, aye here" he said.

Devante grabbed a paper and pen and wrote down something on it. He handed it to me and it was his number. He left a little message at the end and it said "call me baby". Wow.

"I'll definitely call you" I said.

"Ight, I'll see you around, Diana" he said with his deep voice.

I walked away and literally almost fangirled. I really just go Devante Swing's number oh my God. If I was still in high school, all the girls would be jealous. Also, K-Ci called me fine. Like I think I'm in a damn movie.

Unc came back out of the room with Heavy and he saw me.

"Hey Diana, what do you think of the place?" he asked me.

"I'm gonna like it here, a lot" I said.

A/N: Hey y'all! This is a new story ❤️ I hope you guys are gonna enjoy it and are in store for the upcoming chapters. Stay tuned!