- 63 -

Jimin gasped when he felt Taehyung's suffocating hold on him. He tried to get away but to no use. Taehyung was too strong.

"T-Tae... What are you doing...?"

He received no answer. The feel of the metal material of the laser against his head making him swallow in fear. What is happening?

"Nice. Now that's how I like it," X guffawed, the other two agents with him laughing along.

The rest of them, especially Jungkook, had their eyes wide in surprise at the sudden turn of events. Only his Yoongi-hyung looked calm, but at the same time, his eyes were narrowed dangerously at Taehyung. Jimin wondered what was going on in his mind. But importantly, he wondered what was going on inside Taehyung's mind.

Was he really the...spy? But that is impossible! He had known Taehyung for so long now. Even before all of this started.

Or...

Maybe Taehyung had already been lying to him since Day One?

But that's...

"Tae! What are you doing?" Jungkook shouted. He attempted to step forward, not at all scared. Jimin understood. This was Taehyung. Jungkook would never get scared of Taehyung.

However, Jungkook suddenly froze, his eyes staring hard at somewhere past Jimin's shoulders. And he knew that he was gazing at Taehyung.

"Don't even try, Kook, or Jimin will die."

Jimin had thought that the worst day in his life was when his dad passed away. He thought that nothing could ever surpass the hurt and pain he had felt that time. But he was wrong.

Those words.

Those words right there felt like lightning struck Jimin's body. Those words... From his own best friend. From his own Taehyung.

Why...

"You've done a wonderful job at fooling them all, Agent V," T's loud cocky voice echoed. They all started laughing again and the sound made Jimin want to vomit all over the place. "Look at the face of these poor confused agents. I guess S is not that smart as what the rumors say, hmm?"

Yoongi stayed quiet, and even though Jimin tried hard, he could not fathom what was inside the boy's head. Yoongi was not frowning, nor did he seem worried about the situation compared to the others who were obviously distressed with all that was happening.

Jungkook, especially, looked so much troubled. Jimin could very well relate.

He did not even care anymore if a laser was pointed at his head. He did not care that his life was at stake. All he wanted right now was to know how was it possible that his sweet Taehyung turned out to be the bad guy. He so badly wanted to ask Tae. To get the answer from his best friend himself.

Jimin would believe no one but Taehyung.

He just needed to know why.

"Just when did you become Agent V?!" H exclaimed, giving the dirtiest look to Taehyung.

The other boy did not answer, and Jimin hoped he could see Tae's face. Maybe he'd get the answers to his questions by looking at Taehyung's eyes.

"I want the Data or Park Jimin will die," X spoke up again. "Nobody, especially you, S, should dare to do anything or I'll make sure that Park Jimin's brain will explode. And don't you try fooling me, I know that the silver ring you are wearing is the Data. V assured me of that."

X smirked as he looked at each one of them, his eyes landing on somewhere past Jimin's shoulders. He was sure the man was looking at Tae.

He raised the control he was holding in his hand and again caressed the red button. "I'll be generous. I'll count from ten, and if the Data is still not in my hands, shoot the boy, understand?"