- 64 -

"One."

Taehyung shut his eyes close, now ready to pull the trigger. Jimin stopped breathing at that moment. He wouldn't dare see it but at the same time he couldn't look away. He wanted to move, to shout at his limbs that they should be running and pulling that gun away from his best friend.

But no, he stayed still as if he was stuck to the ground. He was just there, hoping that he would wake up sooner and realize that everything was just a bad dream.

"Wait!" someone shouted, snapping Jimin from the trance that he was in. He realized that it was his Yoongi-hyung who shouted. "Fine. You want the Data? Here, have it."

Yoongi forcefully took off the ring from his finger and threw it towards where the traitors were. T caught it perfectly and smirked as he observed the ring with greedy eyes, wearing it on one of his fingers.

X hummed in satisfaction at that, a sick smile blooming in his face as he gazed at the Data. He turned to them and tilted his head at Taehyung's way, who now had the gun lowered down. His face was still stoic, but Jimin could see a mix of emotions in those eyes that had always smiled at him.

Relief, anger, fear, guilt...

Jimin was simply happy that Yoongi decided to give up the Data. He would never exchange his best friend's life for anything. He was left wondering what made Taehyung do these things and what was his reasons behind it.

Jimin wanted to believe that Taehyung had always been the Taehyung he had known. That all those years of friendship was not a lie.

"Thank you very much, Agent S. That's so dumb of you, I mean, that's so kind of you," X spoke again, his voice making Jimin shiver in disgust. He toyed again with the control in his hand. "Too bad, I would've wanted a little drama. Oh, wait! That's right. Why not put a little drama?"

X waved the control he was holding in front of them, as if mocking them, or probably mocking Taehyung. Jimin watched his best friend's eyes widen in fear. His hands started trembling and Jimin wanted nothing else but to go by his side and hold it, but he knew Yoongi would not let him. His hyung was holding unto him too tight.

"W-what are you gonna do?" Taehyung asked, his voice a little cracked as he spoke.

X snorted. "It's too foolish of you, Agent V, to believe in me. Did you really think I'll keep my promises?"

"B-but-"

"It's too boring... I need to spice up some things. I was expecting for someone to at least get majorly hurt, but I guess I'll just have to kill someone to put excitement in this boring affair of ours." X toyed again with the control, his thumb now dangerously touching the red button in the middle of it.

"You can't! You told me that if I'll follow your orders, you will not kill Koo-" Taehyung stopped right there, his eyes going wide as his head snapped to the side where Jimin was at. He looked like he almost spilled a secret that no one should know.

Jimin stared back.

Kill who? Kook?

"And you got fooled, congratulations. Now let's proceed to the fun part, which basically revolves around watching the poor boy over there die slowly."

"What the heck is he saying...?" H murmured.

"No, you will not!" Tae shouted angrily. It was the first time that Jimin saw this side of Taehyung. Just how much did he know about his supposed best friend?

The man behind all these snickered deviously as he tilted his head in mockery. "Yes, I definitely will. What's the boy's name again? Oh, Jeon Jungkook, right? Poor, poor boy."