CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Chapter 33

- Ace King -

Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!

I wish I didn't agree to marry her, but after what she told me, I couldn't say no. I mean, her fucking father will kill Austin if I don't do this.

After she confessed everything and I agreed, Mindy looked at me to see if I was lying. She didn't believe that I would actually agree, but after a while of me saying that I was telling the truth, she stopped asking if I was lying.

"What about Mia?" Mindy asked. "Aren't you upset that you're not marrying the girl you truly love?"

"Yeah... But if I marry you, then this will all be over," I replied. "She'll be safe."

I felt pain in my heart, and a sort of emptiness knowing that I couldn't be with Mia.

Mr Summer won't stop until Mindy and I get married. Hell, he wants us to get married before we even graduate high school. Even my father is okay with this. That's cheating bastard. I don't even know why the fuck he's still going through with this?

Mom probably already knows that he cheated on her with his ex-girlfriend, so what's the point of containing this if it was just to hide his stupid mistake?

Shit. Not unless there's more to his story.

Fuck, and he didn't say which ex-girlfriend he cheated on mom with.

My train of thoughts were broken when Mindy slapped me on the cheek. "What the fuck!" I yelled at her.

"Sorry. You weren't paying attention. But my father is calling us from downstairs," Mindy explained.

She got up, saying she was going to fix herself up so it didn't look like she was crying just a few minutes ago. When she was out, we both headed downstairs.

We walked to the living room to see my dad and Mr Summer having a lovely chat before they saw us. "There you two are. Please, sit down," Mr Summer said, gesturing at the couch.

Mindy and I both sat down beside each other, making sure that there was little space between us, but close enough to make it believe that we were somewhat okay with each other now.

And it worked. Mr Summer's eyes held amusement. "You two seem to be closer than before. Did something happen?" He asked before looking at me.

"Have you finally accepted to marry Mindy?"

"Yes," I managed to answer.

"Are you sure?" Mr Summer asked again, a challenging smile reaching his face.

Without any acknowledgement, took intertwined my hand with Mindy's looking at her father with a serious expression.

"I'm sure. There isn't anyone I want to marry other than your daughter. I've come to a realization that I really do want this."

I could feel Mindy's eyes burning the side of my head, but I was focused on Mr Summer to see his reaction. A wide grin started to creep onto his face.

"This is perfect! Don't you think?" He exclaimed, looking at my father beside him.

"Yes, this is perfect," he replied, but wouldn't even look me in the eyes.