chapter 8- The Chase

When we got to Jonathan’s room, he opened the door for me like a complete gentle man. I walked inside and sat on the bed, I didn’t really look at the room the first time I was in here. The ceiling was high, and it was a dark colour of cream like the walls were. There was a small wire frame bed where in the right corner of the room, and a brown leather armchair, in the left corner and the walls had book selves lined up against them, with all types of books, phycology to horror it was an impressive collection.

 Jonathan closed the door behind me, I looked towards him as he went to his desk and pulled a bottle which creamy looking liquid inside, he looked over his shoulder at me and smiled and walked towards me, he seemed a lot more joyful now that the Riddler was taken care of. I opened the small bottle and poured a small amount of the cream onto his hand, and sad down beside me, and put a small dab of the cream onto the tops of my arms where the yellow bruises laid, from when he was Scarecrow. He gently rubbed the small amount of cream into my skin until it was completely gone, he smiled at me and the got up off the bed.

We hadn’t uttered a word while we were in the room together. But none the less the silence wasn’t awkward it was rather comfortable, I looked at a dark mahogany door which was situated on the wall at the bottom of the bed I was sitting on. “Jonathan where does that door lead to?” he smiled and walked towards it, after closing the draw where he had put the cream he had used on my bruises. He opened door and reached in and flicked on a light, “this is my bathroom, we don’t share here. But me and you have to.” I nodded and got up off the bed to look inside. It was simple enough, a bath, a stand in shower, a sink and a toilet. I nodded to Jonathan and sat back on the bed.

I was still dressed in my Arkham uniform I noticed at I looked down at my slightly frayed and ripped clothing from my struggle with the Riddler. I looked up to see Jonathan sitting in his dark leather chair in the corner opposite me. He rested his chin on his hand and stared at me intensely, and then a smirk crept onto his lips, “we need to get you some clothes.” I nodded and got up off the bed, as Jonathan left his chair.

 As we walked down the hall to what I suspected was the Joker and Harleys room, he heard giggling from both of them, Jonathon knocked on the door, and the giggling stopped, then Joker’s head peaked round the corner of the door, “why are you here Scarecrow? Do you need a favour?” he angled his head round the door to see me in my tattered clothes, he grinned an impossibly large grin, I looked over his shoulder to Harley, “it’s for you hun.” Joker opened the door, so Harley could see me in my tattered clothing, “well Ashleigh this just won’t do.” Joker did a mock wag of his index finger. “Jonathan can I borrow Ashleigh for a while?” before Jonathan could answer Harley she had pulled me inside her room, and Joker closed the door behind him.

“Ashleigh we’re just going to give you a little bit of a makeover.” Joker pushed me back until the backs of my knees buckled as the front of a chair hit them. I looked up at joker and Harley, and I felt completely terrified, “what are you going to do to me?” Harley laughed and smiled greatly, “you’ll see when you wake up silly.” Suddenly Joker sprayed a joke flower in my face and I was out.

Slowly my eyelids began to flutter as I was regaining conciseness, then I eyes opened wide as I saw Harley and Joker in mock nurse and doctor outfits, “well it seem this is all we can do for you Ashleigh.” The both moved away from my view to see my once wavy brown hair was now a dark red. I looked down at my clothing which was and understatement to call it revealing. I was wearing I black belt strap corset, which pushed up my chest and tucked in my waist, I looked like a toy doll. As well as the corset I had a pair of dark red jeans on and tall heel boots which reached my knee.  

They had painted my lips red and lined my eyes with black. I wasn’t happy with the way I looked, like said I looked like a doll used in dress up. “Why the hell did you do this to me?” Joker laughed as I jumped out of the chair and straight for him, he swung open the door with narrowly missed my head. He was laughing like a mad man as I chased him down the stair, he ran through a door which led to god knows where. I cautiously walked through, and then I heard a muffled giggle.

I lunged straight towards him as he tried to run away, I had him pinned. I tried to shift my body yet this just gave the Joker the upper hand as he twisted round and pinned me to the floor, by kneeling on my stomach, I tried to move but it was no use. The Joker couldn’t stop laughing, I hated him. He got up off me and offered me a hand as if I was going to trust him, well two can play that game, I reached out to him but I didn’t grab his hand I grabbed his wrist and twisted it behind his back.

I pushed him into the kitchen where Two Face and Jonathan were discussing something. I pushed him onto the table joker couldn’t stop laughing as I was getting my own back. I pushed the table over with the Joker still on it, making it land on him. The Joker’s laugh became louder, as he pushed himself up off the floor he spat some blood out of his mouth, as he still maintained his signature grin, “fair play Ashleigh, you know how to get your own back.” Joker pulled off a small buzzer from the palm of his hand, and shook my hand as if we had just played a serious game. We both looked to our left where we saw Harvey Dent and Jonathan Crane both with shocked features spread across their faces.