Chapter XLV

I woke up, stretching my hands and my feet. I rub my eyes and decided to get out of my bed, I slipped on my comfortable slippers and suddenly, I hear my phone rings and I look at the caller ID, seeing Cayden calling.

I smile and slide to answer, "Good morning, beautiful," He says and I can't help but smile widely, "Good morning, douche bag," I said and I hear him chuckle at the other line.

"Now, now. That's not how you call your boyfriend, is it?" He says and I roll my eyes at him, smiling. "Anyways, I'll pick you up in 20," He added.

"Alright, I'll see you later," I said and before I was about to press the red button, he speaks again, "I love you," he says and I chuckle silently. I say nothing, "aren't you gonna say it back?" He asks, sounding a bit sad.

I roll my eyes again, "I love you too," I said in a sweet voice, "Now, I have to go and take a bath. Bye," I said and I finally ended the call. I place the phone back down on my bedside table, grabbing a towel and a fresh new underwear.

I went into the bathroom to do my daily routine, brush my teeth, wash my face then take a bath. After I was done taking a shower, I hopped out and dried myself. I wore my underwear, twisting the towel onto my hair and left the bathroom.

I walked towards my closet and grabbed a pair of ripped skinny jeans and an oversized mustard yellow hoodie. I wore my clothes and grabbed the Lemon Chuck Taylor converse sneakers that Cayden bought me. I'm recently obsessing with the color of it, even though it doesn't quite go with everything I wear.

I grabbed my hair dryer and started drying my hair. After 10 minutes of drying my hair, I brush it off and started doing a natural makeup. I first applied a cream, then top it off with a baby powder. I grabbed a red lip/cheek tint and started applying some in my cheeks, spreading the product onto my cheeks and spreading a good amount on my lips to pop some color.

After I was done, I grabbed my phone and my bag. I left my room to go downstairs to eat some breakfast, seeing my mother reading a newspaper which is so unlikely to her. Once she saw my presence, she puts down the newspaper and starts sipping her black coffee, no sugar.

Adults and their black coffees. "You never called again," Mom said as I grab the bread and my favorite peanut butter and strawberry jam spread.

"I'm sorry, I was busy," I said and she took a deep sigh. "Hailey is that really the reason or you just don't want to meet Liam?" She asks.

I look at her and started thinking, "Both, actually," I said as I started spreading some peanut butter and strawberry jam onto my bread. I put back the lid on the bread spread, placing it and the bread back on the kitchen counter. My mom starts opening her mouth, but I cut her.

"Mom, look," I said as I placed my bread on the plate, "I'm not ready to move on from dad. I love him and I know you love him too, but to tell you what, I'm happy for you. But, please, don't rush things for me," I said as I grabbed the bread and started eating.

"I'm not rushing things to you sweetheart, I just want you to meet him. He really wants to meet you from all the things I've mentioned about you. So, please honey," She says as she stands up from the chair, walked towards me and grabs my left hand, "Do me a favor, just this once. That's all I'm asking for," she said.

I look at her as the bread is stuck in my mouth, I blink my eyes. I grabbed the bread, taking a deep sigh as I close my eyes. This should better be worth knowing him and he should be worth the time that my mom is wasting, "Fine," I said as I roll my eyes. My mom hugs me and I tap her back to release me to gather some air to breathe.

"Thank you so much, Darling," She said and I nodded my head as I continue finishing my sandwich, my phone vibrates and I look at the iMessage. I look at mom as I gather my belongings at the counter, "I have to go," I said.