Chapter 25- "He had Me"

Meanwhile Adelina kept her eyes on those that belonged to her mate
Demitrey.

He had her.

*Adelina's pnt. Of view*

I kept my eyes on Demitrey, afraid that is I looked away for even one second, he'd disappear, and I would be joining Clarissa on the ground.

He pulled me up effortlessly, and though my skin rubbed harshly against the ground, I was just grateful that he had me.

He pulled me into his arms, and I broke down into sobs.

For a second I actually believed that I was dead.

When I could finally calm my breathing, I turned and looked at Cilia, she ran to me, and we hugged each other so tight.

"Don't you ever, and I mean never, use that on me again. I'm your best friend Adelina, how could you ask me to let you die?" She sobbed against my shoulder.
"Because, Cilia, your baby was in danger, and I didn't want to be selfish to force you to save my life, and endanger a life that hasn't even started." I explained, pulling away and wiping her tears.
"But you never forced me to do anything." Cilia admitted.
"Yeah, except throwing her down a cliff. Adelina what the heck were you thinking?" Came Demitrey's voice as he pulled me away from Cilia and into his arms.

He lowered his head, and nuzzled his nose into my neck, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm fine now, okay? It's over." I assured.
"Damn right it is." He confirmed.
"Cilia?!" Came Kade's voice. As he erupted into the clearing.

Cilia turned sharply, and ran to Kade's open arms.

They held each other tight, as me and Demitrey did.

It was a reunion of a lifetime.

For once I could finally breathe in peace. The threat that was once Clarissa is now gone, and I felt like I could finally stop looking over my shoulder.

My sisters died by my hands, and well my father was done with me the second he gave me over to Demitrey.

Peter is dead, and it's no surprise that I found out that Clarissa offed Val.

Serena has been out of the picture since I killed her with my bare hands, and well everyone that could've been a threat have all been taken care of, including Kat.

It was over.

It was really over.

At that notion, I broke down. I fell to my knees and sobbed my eyes out.

I cried for all those who lost their lives. Whether they did me wrong didn't matter, they were all once alive. I don't know what life was going to bring their way, for all I know, I may be the reason they never reached their destinies.

But life is funny like that.

Everything happens for a reason.

The best thing about life and the future is that, you may try to go with the flow, but the flow is so unpredictable. It's an unending rollercoaster. The best thing you can do is live each day as it goes by, and always be ready. Always expect the unexpected.

Life.

That word caused a whole new wave of emotions to wash over me.

And for once, while I cried, my chest didn't feel heavy, my tears weren't burdened, but instead, every gasp and every sigh was a breath of relief, my tears were a way of letting go of those inhibitions that held me back. The way my chest heaved with unsteady breaths allowed for the fears and insecurities to be released from my soul.