Curly Hair And Small Talk

{Keith X Curly Haired! Reader}

      I whined loudly as I tried running the hair brush through my rats nest also known as my hair. I don't know why I was cursed with coarse, tangled, curly hair. How are people able to take care of it, let alone want to have it? Curly hair was something that's hereditary in my family. My mom has it, my dad has it, my cousins, aunts, uncles, and siblings. Yet they were able to manage it way better than I could, not only was it hard to take care of, it was hideous with all the split ends no matter how much I tried to take care of it!

        It would always get really frizzy no matter what the weather was outside, even if you sprayed ten whole cans of hairspray on it -I'm overexaggerating but please bear with me- and it always looked like there was knots hidden in it, which sometimes there was.

        I cried out when I managed to rip the brush out of my hair, the bedroom door opened and Keith poked his head in to check up on me.

      "__________, do you need help?"

   If I could say one thing about my most amazing boyfriend in the world, I'd say he is blessed. I don't know if he was blessed by the Gods or something but only he was able to tame my wild mane. I nodded my head slightly, my hair was still slightly damp from the shower I had taken, the ends already curling up.

        Keith made his way next to me, the weight of the bed sinking beside me as he sat down. I handed him the brush and scooted so I was facing the wall away from him.

       I squeezed my eyes shut as the brush settled on the ends of my hair, in one swift motion he gently brushed out the ends, fine curls began to form rather than the tangled zigzags I normally had.

      He worked his way from the bottom, up. It was painless and relaxing, I hummed in content while he continued his work, each time the brush would glide through my hair effortlessly, I would sigh happily. Of course there was a few tugs here and there which would result in Keith apologizing over and over again and he would have me pull the knot out myself since he was scared of hurting me, but other than that my hair was finally kept.

         Once he was done, he set the brush aside and began tugging at the curly strands, watching them bounce.

         "What are you doing?"

    He paused for a brief moment, a strand of my hair pinched between his index and thumb, then he released, the strand curling up like a spring.

       "Playing with your hair."

   He replied bluntly and continued, his fingers twirled around a strand, each curl securely encasing his slender digit in a snug hug. Keith suddenly paused.

"C-Can you lay your head on my lap?"

        He timidly asked, I didn't even have to turn around to look at him because I knew he was a blushing mess. So I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back, letting my head rest on his thigh, my hair sprawled over his leg. There was a small amount of pink tinted on his cheek as the corners of his lips curled up into a soft smile. His hands already found themselves in my locks, gently running through and occasionally tugging. Slumber began to tug at me, so I let myself close my eyes and let out a soft sigh, tiredness began to overcome.

      I yawned.

   "How are you so good at taking care of hair?"

    He continued to mindlessly fondle with the wavy strands.

    "My dad used to have a horse, I used to brush it's mane because it was always in knots."

     My eyes fluttered open.

   "You were a cowboy? That explains the mullet."

      I giggled as his face became flustered, he stammered and tripped over his words through embarrassment.

       "I'm joking Keith, though, I do take a liking to cowboys~."

        I let out a laugh and he rolled his eyes, a chuckle finally leaving past his lips upon seeing me find humor in my own joke. He leaned back onto his arm while his other stayed in my hair, still combing through.

     Once my laughter died down, I turned my body so I was facing towards him, this caught him off guard.

     He tensed up so much it was hard to miss, though I kept my eyes on him, his face was probably more red than a tomato, the blush went from the tips of his ears, down to his neck.

      I quirked a brow and let a smug smile rest on my face. I brought my hand up to rest on his thigh, close to his hip.

     "Geez Keith, loosen up." I teased and he tugged at my hair, making me sit up quickly and cradle my head in my hands whilst wincing.

        He leaned over and hugged me from behind very tightly. Apologizing over and over again, claiming it was an accident, which probably was because of how tangled my hair tends to get. He began to pepper the side of my face tenderly, small 'sorry's in between every kiss.