Live, Die, Repeat

Another ten years passed, then fifty, and that fifty years turned into a century. Junjie barely aged a few years while Ling Ling never aged at all.

Ghosts doesn't age, they stayed the same age as the day they died or whatever appearance their spirits preferred.

Ling Ling remained permanently young and so was the affection and love she had for her mate.

"I love you, Junjie." She moaned as tenderly as the first time she said it. Ling Ling draped her arms on Junjie one quiet afternoon.

Junjie smiled at her affection, he could never get tired of it as he craved it more and more the longer they've been together. "I love you too, Ling Ling." He said as he planted a soft kiss on her lips.

Ling Ling looked far away distantly and sighed, Junjie could tell immediately there's something in her mind. "What's on your mind Ling Ling, you're rarely this melancholic."

She's typically bouncing around like a ten year old and her lack of energy this afternoon made him grew concern.

"No, not melancholic, my love. I'm never melancholic around you."

"Then tell me...what is it that you're thinking, my love?" This is one of those times when he wished he could read her mind and look deeply into hers. He hated not knowing what's going on with Ling Ling.

"I remember this is the year I was born in the human world, I almost forgot about it." Said Ling Ling. "It seemed like it's a very long time ago. I barely remember being human at all anymore."

Everything flooded back to Junjie instantly, his memory brought him back to the time when they first met. How she talked all kinds of witchcraft about timetravel and everything that don't made sense to him.

He had forgotten all about them until reminded again today.

"You haven't mentioned about timetravel in nearly a century. Should I be worried?" He teased.

"Oh shushed." Ling Ling released her arms from her hug and smacked him affectionately. "You know I wasn't delusional, that really happened."

"I never said you were, Ling Ling. What're you talking about?"

Junjie whirred her around to his front, and fished her close to his chest. His soft lips brushed lightly on her eyelid. "So, this means you'll be born in the human world this year?"

"Yes," Said Ling Ling, July 3, 1999. I would never forget my human birthday."

"That's only a few months from now." He kissed his wife again. "Now, tell me. What does my cherished wife wants for her human birthday?"