Chapter 2

Valentino quickly walked out to the parking lot and hopped into his black corvette and swiftly pulled out of the parking lot with me following closely behind him in my jeep.

Surprisingly he never noticed me even when we started driving into the rougher side of Michigan.

Soon we pulled into a parking lot in front of a run down building, I made sure to park a few spaces away from Valentino so he wouldn't get suspicious, then I waited and watched as he walked into the building.

As soon as he was in the building I got out of the car and went through the same door he did.

As soon as I walked through the door I found myself in a massive room filled with people in stands and in the center a large cage with a door connecting it to what I assumed was another room.

I walked around the room for a while ignoring cat calls from all the men who were getting drunk off their beers until I found a relatively empty section that gave me a bit of space.

I looked at everyone else in the stands trying to find Valentino but to no anvil, suddenly everyone started cheering as an announcer come on over the loudspeaker, it was so loud I couldn't hear what the announcer was saying but I turned my attention to the cage just as someone walked out of the doors. He was tall and bulky he wasn't wearing a shirt but he had his fists covered in tape and a mouthguard in his mouth.

Suddenly the crowds cheering seemed to double as someone else stepped into the rink, the first thing I noticed was the tattoo on his forearm, I let out a gasp as I realized it was Valentino, now that he had his shirt off I saw that he had a tattoo on his left peck that looked like a crown.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize when they started fighting, every time someone landed a punch I couldn't help but flinch, I wanted to look away and cover my eyes but I had to make sure Valentino got out of this alive.

Suddenly the other guy landed a punch on Valentino and he fell against he wall. As soon as he got up he was punched again over and over again, Valentino just happened to look up at that moment and my breath caught in my throats when we made eye contact. Confusion and anger all took over his features before he hoisted himself up and punched the other guy repeatedly until he couldn't stand up anymore.

As soon as the fight was over Sage stormed out of the rink and soon appeared through another door and immediately started stalking toward me.

When he stoped in front of me he was extremely angry, but there was also something else, worry?

"What are you doing here?" He growled trapping me in my seat with his arms.

"Why not? I love underground street fights," I chuckled trying to lighten the mood.

"You're coming with me," he demanded grabbing me by the wrist, causing me to flinch. He gave me a quizzical look before leading me through the door he just came out of.

He instructed me to sit on the couch in the corner as he grabbed his shirt and a first aid kit.

When he got to the couch he immediately grabbed my wrist again and pulled up my sleeve to reveal the dark bruise that was quickly swelling, it was about twice as big as it was when it was inflicted this morning.

"What happened?" He asked in almost a whisper as he starred at my wrist.

"Nothing, I just fell off my bed this morning," I lied.

"Doesn't look like it," he mumbled to himself but didn't push the subject instead he silently began wrapping it in a splint.

"You should go see a doctor," he simply stated once he was done.