Chapter 3

"Daddy you're hurting me," I sobbed as my dad gripped at my wrist.

"SHUT UP," he yelled slamming me against the wall.

"Stop daddy, stop," I pleaded.

"I said SHUT UP," he demanded before pulling out a gun and pulling the trigger.

I shot up in my bed unable to control the tears that were now flowing through uncontrollable sobs.

Seconds after I woke up Valentino was in the room wrapping me in his arms without a word.

"What's wrong?" He cooed after I calmed down a bit.

"H-he had a g-gun," I managed to stutter out between sobs.

"Who?" He questioned immediately going on alert.

"The man in the nightmare," I whimpered.

Sage immediately relaxed and pulled be closer into his embrace as I studied the tattoo on his arm.

Eventually Sage got up to leave leaving me back in the cold.

"Tino?" I called out in almost a whisper.

"Yes?" He questioned coming back to stand in the doorway.

"Could you stay with me?" I asked immediately feeling like an idiot.

"Yeah, I'll go grab some blankets and make a bed on the floor," he said with a soft smile before leaving the room only to reappear seconds later with a huge bundle of blankets.

Once he was settled on the floor I tried to go back to sleep but it never came.

Valentino wordlessly grabbed my hand, instantly making me feel better, and in a matter of seconds I fell asleep once again.

The next morning I woke up instantly feeling the need to pee.

I quickly got up out of bed and stepped on something that was lying on the floor.

I looked down to see Valentino clutching his stomach with a look of pain etched onto his face.

"Oops, sorry," I shrugged before running off to the bathroom.

"Last time I sleep on the floor," I heard Sage mumble before I closed the bathroom door.

When I emerged from the bathroom Sage sat on the bed in a fitted black t-shirts and grey sweatpants.

"Umm I have a t-shirt for you in case you get to warm in that sweatshirt," he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Thanks," I smiled going back into the bathroom to change.

The t-shirt was way to big so I tied it in the back with a rubber band before walking back into the room.

"Are you ready to go to breakfast?" He asked walking towards the door.

"Yea just give me a sec," I said grabbing all my belongings and following him out the door.

I tried to remember my surroundings as we walked to the front door but the house was so big I doubt I would remember it once I leave.

"So where do you want to eat?" He asked once we were in the car.

"IHOP!" I grinned exited to actually be eating a meal outside of the house for the first time in years.

"Sounds good," Valentino agreed returning the grin.

The car ride was silent as we drove to IHOP but eventually we arrived and I was a bubble of excitement.