Comments and jokes

Comments and jokes

Sometimes when you go out side with your hijab or niqab you get made fun of or get bad comments, you're eating in the food court with your niqab and people are staring at you laughing and some wondering why you are going through so much trouble? But like I said before, if you do it for Allah nothing is hard or hurtful. Sometimes kids and even adults get scared of you! Some kids might call you a ninja or monster or if you even peek at them, they are stunned.

Personal experiences:

Once I was at a toy store walking with my family through the section with all the toy weapons and swords and a kid started pulling his mom's sleeve, forcing her to look at me and started jumping up and down saying

"Mom, mom look it's a ninja, it's a real ninja!"

I almost bursted into laughter, and this didn't happen once, maybe 3,4 times!

Some kids might get excited, and some might get scared but some might be a little different. This is what happened to me once:

I was walking in the mall and stopped at a store to see something when a 6 year old girl came and told me her name like she was trying to see if I was friendly! She asked me if she could see my face so I took her in a corner, pulled up my niqab and showed her my face. I dont know why, but she was extremly excited, said thank you and ran like she saw some barbie doll that wasn't in stores yet (and will never be!) I loved the smile that crawled up her face instantly. So dont think that niqab and hijab only brings frowns to people's faces, it also brings smiles.