3.7

Harry took a deep breath as he came into the house that night. Two weeks until prom- and louis wasn't even talking to Harry. Not that harry was talking to louis. Harry wasn't even sure if louis was going or what he would wear, considering louis was transitioning into a stage of wearing whatever he wanted to wear.

He wanted to make up with louis and take him to prom and then take him on a cute little trip for their spring break.

Harry realized how stupid he was. Sure, louis didn't show up for some things, but he had his own life as well and was practicing for something that was just as important to him as football was to harry.

He headed upstairs and slowly walked to Louis's room, where he heard louis singing loudly, a song from The Wiz. Harry smiled gently to himself. The boy was so talented. Harry was lucky, so lucky, and he was going to win louis back. He left, going to get supplies and make a plan.

~~~~

Louis, meet me at the school. I need some help practicing. -Jade

Louis sighed and looked over the message. He'd just left the school to get ready for Harry's football game, even though it wasn't for another two hours.

He pulled on his coat and small, pink Vans, leaving the house. He was exhausted from working so hard on the musical, along with his studying. Yes, he'd gotten the part he wanted, and yes, his grades were good, but it left him no time to sleep, especially because he wasn't in the bed with harry and he had to do something to distract himself, even if it included extra studying and practicing.

He got to the school and headed towards the auditorium, sighing. He furrowed his eyebrows when walking in and seeing the red carpet covered in plastic yellow tiles. He took a step before the stage lights cut on suddenly and Louis blinked before he widened his eyes at the sight.

Harry was there with a grin on his face, a large sign in his hands.

Hey, scarecrow. Take the yellow brick road to prom with me?

Louis didn't know what to say but he knew exactly what to do. He could turn around and leave, not walking the 'yellow brick road', otherwise known as saying no to prom, or he could go towards harry, walking the road and saying yes to Harry.

He was hesitant at first. How could Harry just be an ass to louis and then just ask him to prom and expect louis to say yes?

Yet, louis loved harry more than anything. He slowly started walking along the path harry built, noticing harry breath a sigh of relief. He felt someone else watching and turned to see jade recording from a seat. He finally cracked a smile as he headed up the steps to harry, shaking his head. "Yes, Haz. I'll go to prom with you," he breathed, stepping closer to harry. Harry smiled and dropped the sign, pulling louis close to him for a hug. They just held each other, louis crying to himself. He heard the auditorium doors close, meaning Jade left them alone.

"Lou," harry said quietly, "I love you. I'm sorry for everything. I was being so selfish and stubborn."

Louis sighed shakily and pulled away to wipe his face. "Oh, harry... I'm sorry as well," he breathed. "I was being selfish as well. I should have been there for you..."

Harry shook his head. "I've missed you so much. I was being stubborn but I need you."

Louis nodded slowly. "Harry... can we.... are we still engaged?"

Harry smiled softly to himself. "Yes, louis. Of course. I love you. I'm.. sorry."

"Did you... would you really sleep with another person? And did you... did you mean-"

"No! No, I would never," Harry insisted. "And I didn't mean what I said about being gay. It's not stupid and you aren't stupid and I'm clearly gay. I didn't fall in love with you because of us spending time together. I love you because of your attitude, your intelligence, your kindness, and your ability to love me even when I'm an asshole, sweet boy."

Louis giggled and looked over Harry's face. "You better get to your team, captain. You have a game to win tonight."

"You'll be there?"

"You know it."

~~~~

Harry was hot.

Well, physically hot, not so much, at the moment, while he was dirty and sweaty. Louis thought he was physically hot, of course, but harry was just hot, as in his body was heated and he was aching and he felt like he was going to pass out.

3-3, read the score board. Harry glanced over it. There was thirty seconds on the clock with a very tough game. Hs sighed and bit his lip as he looked ahead. The whistle blew and harry was off with the ball. He felt hundreds of eyes on him, heard a loud buzzing in his ears from the screaming crowd, felt his heart beating rapidly in his chest.

He kicked- hard, and time seemed to freeze around him as the ball sailed towards the goal and- into the net.

Harry was shocked. He felt people all around him- his team. They were screaming for him and then- then harry heard his name from a specific voice, saw a specific boy running towards him. First game of the season won and louis was in his arms. It was the best feeling in the entire world. Harry couldn't be happier.

~~~~

Hello people of earth !

It's me, queen b

How y'all doing? I'm doing well, been inspired to write !

Did y'all like the proposal harry did!?

Next chapter will be up as soon as possible ! x