Chapter 23

When they got back from their little escape to the waterfall, Ino was there waiting for them. She held out keys with tags on it. "I got a room for you two. It isn't the biggest room but it will probably be small enough that Sakura can't try any funny ideas later." Ino explained.
"Thank you Ino." Naruto said softly, taking the two keys from her. Ino grinned at Naruto.
"Glad I can help!" Ino said, turning to go back to her room.
"Ino wait." Naruto called out, she then hesitated. Why did I call her? Naruto tsked at herself for not thinking before speaking. The blond haired girl turned around at her name. "What is it?"
"Do you want to go into town together?" Ino perked up, Naruto was willing to spend time with her?
"Really?! Yes!" Ino said, clapping her hands in excitement. Sasuke looked at Naruto, he took one of the keys from her and gave her a small smile. He put his hand behind her head to bring her closer and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Get a room you two." Ino said, pretending to gag. Sasuke looked at her with a raised eyebrow before he waved the key at her. Ino stared, Sasuke is so cheeky; how did none of them see that? Sasuke made a face and Ino took a sharp intake of breath.
"Ino!" Naruto exclaimed in horror, "Sasuke! What's with that look?" Ino and Sasuke looked at her before looking at each other, sighing. Naruto, ever the innocent one. "If you don't take her away right now, someone's not going to be able to walk tomorrow." Sasuke warned cheekily, he wasn't going to do anything to Naruto... Not yet anyway. But he wanted them to spend some time together, Naruto needs a female friend her age after all and Ino looks like a good place to start; she may not have apologised but her actions were enough to prove that she was changing her attitude. "What? Who?" Naruto asked, looking back and forth between the two, making them chuckle.
"Don't worry Naruto. Don't worry. Let's go. You'll get it when you're older." Ino said, sending Sasuke a mock glare for implying things he shouldn't right now. Shame shame!
"But I'm already 17!" Ino said nothing, she just patted Naruto's head and lead her away before Sasuke could do anything.

Naruto got dragged to stores after stores with Ino gushing about how one outfit would look so cute on her before she got distracted by another outfit. Naruto, when Ino was distracted, slipped to another part of the store to look for something that Ino might like seeing as Ino was only gushing about her and not herself. "Hey Ino, do you like this one?" Naruto asked, walking to the long haired blond.
"Ooooo, that's my style! Thank you!" Ino said as she zoomed into the fitting room to try it on for Naruto to see if it looks good or not on her. Naruto stood outside the fitting room patiently waiting for Ino. She turned slightly when she heard the bell at the door jingle. A few young men entered the shop, nothing of interest. Naruto turned to look back at the necklace she was examining. She jumped when someone smacked her butt. She twirled around, glaring. "Hey, sexy. You want to come over to our place for some fun?"
"No thank you." Naruto said, walking away to make some distance. They followed her, still trying to convince her that it would be fun to hang out. Naruto reached her chakra out to Ino and wrapped it around hers, seeking comfort from the mind reader that was not by her side right now. She doesn't know what to do with these men. "Please leave me alone."
"Awww come on cutie! It would be fun! Just you and the three of us." Naruto knew exactly what they are implying, some drunks in Konoha would say such things to unsuspecting girls and then they would do dirty stuff to them, even when they decided that it was a bad idea after following the drunks back home. Naruto had to save a few of them on some occasions. "I said NO! NO means no." Naruto growled, making the men's grins widen.
"Oo la la. Feisty, I like."
"I have a boyfriend." Naruto said, backing away.
"Well, just ditch your stupid boyfriend. I'm pretty sure we are better." One of them said arrogantly. Naruto's eyes narrowed in anger, she would never do such things. Ino had sensed that warm chakra that Naruto has wrap around her, she quickened her speed. Then she felt the chakra turn cold and angry. Something bad must be making Naruto feel like this. Ino burst out from the fitting room with the clothes Naruto chose for her in hand. She was about to change into them when she had felt the chakra change so she decided to put her clothes back on and save Naruto. "Come on, let's go pay." Ino shouted from across the store, Naruto nearly sprinted towards Ino. Ino quickly paid and muttered something to the shopkeeper. The shopkeeper kept the smile on her face as bowed her thanks before she moved to stop the men from following the two blonds out by saying that she thinks that they were stealing. Ino and Naruto then sprinted away with no destination in mind.

"I'm sorry I ruined our outing." Naruto muttered when they deemed they have gotten far enough.
"Are you kidding me? They are the ones that decided to be dickheads. Besides, I should be the one apologising. I'm sorry I haven't been such a great friend and neither have I treated you well. I'm not seeking forgiveness but I want you to know that I truly am sorry." Ino said, tears welling in her eyes. Naruto stared, she hadn't had anyone apologise to her before. Naruto pulled Ino into a hug. "Thank you." Naruto muttered, "I forgive you."