↳ FIVE

UPON RETURNING TO the precinct, Izzy was immediately met by Lucifer, who had clearly been waiting for her arrival ever since he had sent her out, his eyes already gleaming curiously while his arm brutally rejected Chloe when the shorter detecti...

UPON RETURNING TO the precinct, Izzy was immediately met by Lucifer, who had clearly been waiting for her arrival ever since he had sent her out, his eyes already gleaming curiously while his arm brutally rejected Chloe when the shorter detective attempted to earn her partner's attention. However, disinterested in the case at the moment, Lucifer insisted that he absolutely needed a minute with the deputy, and reluctantly, Chloe gave up, the action earning an apologetic half a smile from Isadora. In return, the blonde simply pursed her lips in what was probably supposed to be one of the same kind, but instead, it only raised alerts in Izzy's head and she was forced to pray that the detective didn't hate her guts already.

"God, I hope she doesn't hate me", the redhead accidentally blurted her worries out loud, and in an instant, the grin on Lucifer's face faded and his eyebrows knitted together in utter confusion, which she couldn't notice as her eyes were following Chloe and her determined steps towards Dan.

"Wha— well He's not going to help you, darling, don't waste your time there. But I'm certain the Detective doesn't hate you, she's simply the kind to work and never play. It's—I'm working on it", the man explained, both of his hands lifting as he earned Izzy's gaze again, convincing him to break into a new, improved smile when their eyes locked. "Tell me, how did things go at Lux? You met Mazikeen, I'm sure", Lucifer wiggled his eyebrows teasingly, and while the thought of the woman was yet to leave Izzy's mind, she refused to gush about the interest developing in the depths of her heart and shrugged in response to the Devil's question.

"It was pretty calm there, so you're not in trouble. Though I'm sure you already knew that", Izzy narrowed her eyes at Lucifer, but let her lips quirk up just slightly, "and as for Mazikeen... guaranteed to blow my mind, I suppose."

Bored with the redhead's response, Lucifer scoffed. "Well— you're a tough one to crack, aren't you? Very well, Ms. Holt. May I ask one last question?", he leaned forward and inspected the woman closely, and although the sass she radiated with when placing her hands on her hips, Izzy nodded — she did like the idea of being tough, but she wasn't cold-hearted, and although she was trying to shake Lucifer off of her leg and remain professional while on the clock, she also liked the idea of making friends. And even if she and Lucifer were, on most levels, polar opposites, he seemed like a good ally to have and even if he had hidden agendas, she appreciated the effort.

"Shoot."

With that, Lucifer's lips were tugged up with a devious smile and his eyes gleamed more than usual, hooking Izzy and forcing her to get lost in the intent gaze as if held captive by his inviting aura. "What do you desire?", the words rolled off of his tongue like silk and something about them just hypnotized Izzy — she could not explain nor resist it, but they never could. The way she leaned towards him and let his question open the floodgates of her mind was nothing out of the ordinary, and it caused a satisfied look to cross Lucifer's face as he glanced at her parting lips.