Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

The last few weeks hadn't been going so great for Camila and I. Ever since her parents found out, it was more difficult to actually be with her alone without the supervision of the two adults. I had no idea they were that strict when it came to who their daughter was with. Before everything went down, I had always thought they were actually laid back but was I wrong. We only saw eachother at school and sometimes my place, whenever my father wasn't having one of his bad days, which was pretty rare to begin with. It was incredibly frustrating because we both craved more but it seemed like the universe was working against us.

However, I had finally managed to work it out. She was supposed to be coming over after I was done with my group project for the day. My light skinned partner was sitting next to me on my desk as she wrote down something on her textbook. I wasn't really doing anything.

"Are you ok?" she asked without taking her eyes off the paper.

"Yeah," I lied. I was definitely not ok. My father wasn't home today and Camila and I would finally have some much needed alone time after weeks of almost no physical contact, in that sense. It was dumb to be nervous but she brought that out in me more than anyone else.

"We can call it a day if you want," she offered and I shook my head. I needed the distraction. If only I could just put my mind to it and focus. "What's up with you anyway?" she focused her hazel eyes on me now.

"I'm just, I don't know, like, anxious I guess."

"Why?" the curly haired student asked and I shrugged. "You don't have to tell me but I give pretty good advice."

"You know that girl I'm always with?" Kenza nodded and I continued. "We're kind of like, I don't really know what to call it yet because I haven't asked her, you know, I haven't done that yet," I explained and saw her eyebrows rising in genuine surprise.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah? Why are you so shocked?"

"I didn't think you'd want a relationship. That's what you told me before," she told me and I was reminded of the times I had told her that before I even met Camila. I almost cringed at the memory of how I acted at the time and how Kenza experienced it first hand.

"Yeah," I paused and played with the rings on my fingers, "But I realized I want that with her," it genuinely felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders when I said that. I hadn't told that to my closest friends like Normani or Dinah. I definitely hadn't told Camila herself because I didn't know what this meant to her. I didn't want to think negatively though. I knew she liked me but I didn't know how serious it actually was. I wanted her to be mine, that's what I knew.

"That's...surprising. What's her name?" the girl looked genuinely interested and it was good to talk about this with someone that wasn't close with Camila.

"Camila," I smiled involuntarily at the girl's name. I really couldn't say her name without smiling. Kenza looked at me intently and definitely saw the grin on my face.

"Damn, Lauren. I never thought I'd say this but you are whipped," I chuckled lightly at her statement before she kept going. "I say, make her your girlfriend because there's no reason for you to be wasting time."

I thought about her words for a moment but the door bell rang. I got up as fast as I could and walked to the door. Opening it up, it revealed a drenched Camila on the other side. I felt my protective side take over for a moment. "What happened?"

"It was sunny...I didn't think it would start raining so hard in such a short amount of time," Camila bit her lip as she looked down at herself. Her cheeks flushed. I pulled her inside immediately and grabbed her bag. She surprised me by crashing our mouths together, her trembling lips pressed against mine. I trapped her bottom lip between mine and sucked slightly, making her sigh in pleasure. I had missed her so bad but when I brushed my hand against her arms, I felt goosebumps on her skin. I realized she was shaking a bit and pulled back to look at her.