C H A P T E R

O N E

"Boss man we got a witness!"One of the guys with no mask on said as he held his gun in his hand pointing it at me as I was really sweating bullets.

I heard echoed footsteps and glass crunching beneath someone's feet as they cleared a path for some man.He had a beard squinted eyes with waves on his head as he gave me a mean look.

"What did you see?"He asked.
"I seen nothing."I said shaking my head.
"Your accent,you speak another language?"He asked.
I nodded my hesd unable to let anymore words out.
"You speak Spanish?"I nodded my head.
"Cmere ."He sais as I stepped over the mans head who hasld their brains blown out and over other dead bodies.
"C'mon and yall get Cuba in the private room."The boss said calling out orders as I was confused at what was going on.

He gripped my arm pulling me along as I was confused as to where we were going.
We stopped in front of a door and he did this lil knock on the door and it was opened.

We began going down the stairs.I never knew the club had a basment.
"He down here?"Boss asked.
"Yeah he strapped to the chair."One of them replied back as I looked at the gold knuckles he had on his hand that had blood leaking from them.

I jumped as the door slammed shut loudly and locked as I got shivers up my spine as I heard the guns clocked again as he pulled me along with him to the center of the room where there was one light on over a man with a brown bag on his head.

They splashed water on him and he gasped as he began berating hard.

"Ask him wheres the money."The boss spoke looking at me and I looked at my hands in nervousness.
"Donde esta el dinero?"I asked.

"Lo tendre pronto lo juro!"He pleaded.
"What did he say?"
"Ill have it soon I swear."
"Tell him that, He owes me 500,000 He wants the money now or else you lose a arm until you can pay it."

I took a deep breath.
"Le debes 500,000 dolares lo quiere ahora o le debes un...brazo haste que te levantae."

"Yo no lo tengo."He said and I took a deep breath biting my lip.
"He doesn't have it."I translated.
"Gunz."The boss said and Gunz nodded as he pulled out a chainsaw as he put a hockey mask over his face as he started it up and the man began screaming and shouting as his chair shook as he knew what was coming next.

I turned around not having the stomach to watch as I covered my ears hearing the man scream in pain and the sounds of the chain saw tearing through his bones.

I heard the chainsaw come to a stop as I turned back around seeing his arm on the ground and blood leaking from his shoulder my stomach felt weak as my chin felt heavy and I knew I was gonna throw up.

I saw a waste basket in the corner and I sat on the ground as I held the waste basket in my hands as I threw up into it and I knew I needed water cus I was releasing to many body fluids.

I spat into the trash can not done yet as I kept going.
Finally finished I was handed some tissue ,water and a piece of gum.
"Can I please go home now?"
I asked the boss man.
"Yeah Spook guide her to her car and get her license plate ."

"Why do you need my licens- "
"Dont ask me questions."
He said and I rolled my eyes waking up the stairs with the Spook guy following behind me.

I woke up in my bed feeling like shit as everything that happened last night came back to me.
But I realised what was I to do about finding a job since the club was shot up.

I thought about telling Bobby about everything that happened and I went to go text him but a text message appeared on my phone from an Unknown number.
I looked at the messagevabd read it.

"Dont even think about it
Were always watching go to your door."

I read the message and got scared as I looked around in fear as I closed my curtains and decided to go make some breakfast than get in the shower I jumped as I walked into the kitchen and a thick envelop slid under the door and I hesitantly walked to it and picked it up.

My mouth fell open as I looked inside and pulled nothing but hundreds out.I counted and there was 20,000 there.
I jumped as there was knocking on the door I ran and hid the money and came back to the door as I looked through the peephole seeing Bobby on his phone.

I unlocked the door opening it for him and let him in.
"Hey bitch I heard there was a shooting at the club last night you good."

"Yeah im alright."I said.
"But now I gotta find a new one."I said taking a deep sigh.
"Damn you gonna make it boo,but until than we got some classes to take so get dressed."He told me I groaned walking to my room to find a outfit.

"All dat booty just make no sense girl."Baby said as we walked on campus and I got nervous as this car with tinted windows slowly drive by us.

"Gotta keep in shape Baby."I said as I walked inside."See you later girl."I waved back at him as we went our seperate ways and I began waking to class as I saw Tammy talking to someone it was a man his height looked so familiar but I brushed it off.

I walked into the classroom right past them as I went to my spot where the easel is at and tied my apron on to myself.
I saw someone take a seat by me out if the corner of my eye as eveyone began piling in to the classroom and Ms.Armstrong began going over the diffrent elements if art we were being taught today.

I took a deep breath as I got a pencil ready so I could begin drawing.
So I could start off my sketch.

"Hey im new here whats your name?"The guy by me asked and I looked over seeing his face and my eyes widened as horror read my face.
"S-spook?"I asked.

He looked around before looking at me as he began whispering.
"Look Aamina I was sent to keep an eye after you the Cubans are out for you and I got to keep you safe."He whispered to me.
"What,What did I even do?"
"Youve seen the boss and no one else has but you and his crew so they think your a lead to him."

"What this is fuckin crazy ai."I said annoyed.
"I know I know but just stick to the plan aight and stay low."He told me.
I nodded my head as I still thought about how crazy this was.

What if I get killed?