Chapter 4

"Thanks again Tino!" I called out my car window as soon as I closed the door.

"For that last time it's Sage," he groaned.

"Whatever," I said rolling my eyes. "I'll return the clothes after I wash them."

"Don't worry about it I have way to much clothes, just keep them," he shrugged.

With that he smoothly pulled out of the parking lot and was lost in the streets. Only then did his words register and I realized I had been wearing his clothes all day.

I silently squealed in happiness before pulling out of the parking lot and driving back to my house.

The second I walked through the door I immediately wished I was still at Valentino's house.

The first thing that told me he was awake was the sound of a beer bottle crashing, next thing I know I was face to face with the monster that destroyed my life.

"What do you want dad?" I asked trying to sound confident.

"You went to the doctor," he stated looking at my wrist.

"No I didn't," I assured him.

"LIAR," he yelled smashing the vase I was standing next to and making me flinch.

"No I swear I didn't, one of my friends noticed and I told him I fell down a flight of stairs," I rushed out trying to clam him down.

"Him?" He questioned rage quickly talking over his features.

He grabbed me by the hair and dragged me over to the couch. As he held my wrists he forcefully pressed his lips to mine, before he could do anything else I kicked him as hard as I could and he fell back onto the floor.

I immediately shot up off the couch and ran up to my room, making sure to lock the door before pushing my dresser in front of it.

I picked up my phone and dialed Alyssa's number, on the second ring she picked up.

"Annabelle? What's wrong you never call me," she questioned.

"Alyssa... he tried to do it again," I pushed out unable to control my sobbing. "I'm locked in my room, can you come pick me up? I'm too scared to drive."

"Of course, I'll stay on the phone with you until I get there," she assured me.

It didn't take her long to realize I was having a panic attack, as she drove she helped calm me down by taking my mind off the situation.

"I'm here," she stayed simply before hanging up the phone.

I grabbed an extra pair of clothes before jumping out the window and running to Alyssa's car as fast as I could.

"That you so much!" I smiled leaning over the seat to give her a hug.

"It's no problem, my mom's making her homemade tacos just for you," she said, pulling away from the curb and speeding over to her house.

"Your mom is seriously the best," I chuckled once we walked through the door, sure enough Alyssa's mom was standing in the kitchen making up two plates of tacos.

"Annabelle so good to see you!" She exclaimed rushing over to give me a hug. "You're still too skinny, come over here and let's fatten you up."

"You make it sound like your raising me like a pig," I joked.

"Well it's not my fault that retched father of yours doesn't feed you," she sighed. "Honestly child I don't understand why you don't go to the police."

I let out a sigh before explaining for what felt like the millionth time why I can't go to the police.

"If I went to the police it would be all over the news, I will go down in history as the girl who was repeatedly raped and abused by her father. I don't want everyone to find out like that."

"Well if you ever decide to do anything about it then you come straight to me," she instructed. "Now eat up before the food gets cold."

"Thank you Mrs. Nightingale," I grinned before digging into the meal.

"You didn't eat as much as you usually do," Alyssa observed once we got to her room.

"I had a big breakfast," I shrugged.

"But how? You're to scared to go downstairs to eat and you don't have any money," she said giving me a stern look.

"Okay I'll tell you," I sighed before proceeding to tell her all of last nights events as well as this morning.

"Wait so you're telling me, that a. Apple is a underground street fighter, b. he can actually be civil, and c. THOSE ARE HIS CLOTHES YOU'RE WEARING?" Alyssa yelled jumping up and down in excitement.

"Yea he gave me a shirt, sweatpants and a sweatshirt," I shrugged trying to see it as no big deal.

"Oh my gosh that's amazing Annabelle!" She said grinning from ear to ear.

"It's just clothes, no big deal."

"Yes but you also had a touching moment when he wrapped your wrist after his fight, I mean come on you can't tell me that meant nothing," she explained.

"Well I only started talking to him two days ago," I reasoned. "So yeah it meant nothing."

"You're in denial," she called from her closet.

"No I'm not," I called back.

"Whatever just go to bed," she chuckled, tossing a pillow at my face.

"Fine," I mumbled and rolled over to check my phone.

SAGE: get home alright Bells?

Me: how'd you get my number Tino...

SAGE: can you not read, the names SAGE not Tino.

I rolled my eyes and quickly clicked on the contact name, changing it to Tino.

Me: whatever, just answer the question.

Tino: I may or may not have gotten it from your phone while you were sleeping...

Me: whatever, well if you must know, yes I did get home safely.

Tino: okay, night Bells.

Me: night Tino.

"What are you smiling about?" Alyssa asked from her bed.

"Oh nothing, I just got a text from Tino asking if I got home safely," I answered.

"Tino? You have a pet name for him," Alyssa giggled.

"Yea yea whatever," I sighed. "I only call him that cause he calls me Bells."

"Oh please, you can't tell me nothing is going on between you two," Alyssa said.

"And whys that?" I asked.

"You're still wearing his clothes."