day 55 part 2

day 55 pt. 2
20:05

seokjin had come to the conclusion that he was in a comfortable place in his life.

sitting on the sofa with namjoon curled into his side and jimin with his feet in his lap, he felt subdued and weightless. the trio sat in a quiet peace, the occasional snort or giggle disrupting the silence, watching an old black and white movie.

the choice of film was all jimin's idea, the younger insisting on the romantic comedy after they had finished rinsing the dye out of his hair. namjoon, being a sap for romantic comedies, and a self proclaimed connoisseur of dated film, puppy eye'd seokjin into agreeing.

truly, the eldest fondly thought, he was experiencing la vie en rose.

it was halfway through the resolution when namjoon shifted his position against his boyfriend, grunting softly as he straightened up.

the commotion caught the attention of the other two boy's, their eyes questioningly falling onto namjoon who has stood to his feet now. "bathroom break," he explained briefly before walking around the couch as bounding down the hall.

"i think i love him, jimin." seokjin breathed, still staring down the corridor namjoon left through.

the now black haired jimin hummed in light acknowledgement. "is that supposed to shock me?" jimin tugged his feet off of the older's lap and pushed his knees to his chest.

"jin hyung," he began with an expression of certainty, "i want you to know that i'm endlessly happy for you. i know that i act out sometimes, but of all our mutual friends, you're the only person who is able to see through that," he was speaking quickly, aware that namjoon could come back at any moment.

"i'm not expecting any promises that you'll seek me if anything ever fades from pink between you two, but just know i'll around if ever you need it."

at jimin's words, seokjin gave a serene smile. "i know, jiminie," he gave a pat of appreciation and love on the boy's shoulder, i know."

it was nearing midnight when jimin fell asleep in a curled position on the couch. the three of them had long since traded the dated films for reality television, shoveling small duds of chocolate coated almonds into their mouths.

seokjin, himself, was feeling a bit tired as well. he could feel the comforting tugs of sleep on his limbs and brushing against his eyelids. he had half the mind to tell namjoon they should head to his room after grabbing jimin a blanket and a proper pillow, but even opening his mouth to speak felt too strenuous a task.

through bleary vision, he stared at the tv and tried to make sense of the scene before him. "jinnie, lovely?" namjoon's voice floated around seokjin's head like a distant memory. when the male in question looked up at his boyfriend, he gave a dopey grin, the younger blurred at the edges like the soft illusion of a dreamscape. "are you sleepy?"

there was a blankness of mind between seokjin nodding and namjoon gathering him in his arms. immediately smothered in the scent of chocolate and dye, seokjin all but collapsed against namjoon's chest.

the older was blinking in and out of sleep, seeing everything as flashes of moments—like rapid shots of film instead of sequence—while namjoon wrapped one arm around his waist with his other hand resting at the high of his back.

they awkwardly waddled towards the bedroom. seokjin was trying to not trip backwards over himself, and namjoon was attempting to not mix his steps with the other's. it was a mess, but it was their mess, and they both fell into flowering giggles each time one of them made a clumsy step or nearly lost balance.

falling into bed was synonymous to walking on heaven's floor of clouds. the warm linen smell of his beddings detergent wafted into seokjin's nostrils, his hands falling on either side of his face. namjoon followed his actions right after, heaving a sigh of relief.

namjoon carefully weaved his deft fingers through his boyfriend's hair, the sweet ministrations of subtle affection curling lovingness in seokjin's stomach and contenting him. he could've fallen asleep like that—slumped halfway on the bed with namjoon messaging his scalp, if not for the younger's voice pulling him, yet again, out of the beginnings of sleep.

"i'm really happy."

seokjin forced his eyes open. he took namjoon in with all the rawness that he laid next to him in. vulnerability had never been something seokjin was good at expressing, and seeing namjoon bask in what could be fears and uncertainty all in their purest form had him at a loss for words.

there were no such syllables gifted with the ability to be shaped to namjoon's name.

how could seokjin voice any of his feelings when they were unnamed concoctions? there was nothing he could say that would suffice. nothing could grasp the jacaranda haired, puddle of sweet contradiction that was kim namjoon.

"me too," seokjin's voice was below an audible whisper, breaking through the still air of the room with it's vibrations, "i'm really happy too."

_________
pour mes amis avec amour, votre auteur