Chapter 19

Ilia's POV

I arrive at Colin's birthday party just on time, not the first one there but not the last either. Link and Zelda are talking to Colin and givin' him his gifts, I have to admit, as much as I hate her, she's positively stunning.

I walk straight over, "gotta stay confident, gotta stay confident" I keep repeating it over and over in mind.

"Good afternoon, Link, Zelda. Happy birthday coming dear, come here!" I say as Colin jumps into my arms. "Happy birthday, hope you like it!" I hand him the small blue box with a red ribbon and he looks so happy. I love seeing the kids smile!

After a while, all the kids are in the main hall and all the adults are in the dancing room. Link and Zelda have been dancing all night, neither of them giving me a second glance. I've been sitting on my own all night.

After I've been sitting for a while, a tall, handsome man in a black suit approaches me and says, "Hey cutie. Wanna dance?"

"Sure, why not?"

The next couple of songs are fast paced and I have a lot of fun dancing with him.

Maybe I don't need Link to be happy?

After a bit of dancing, a rather slow, romantic song comes on. Link starts to dance with Zelda, I start to dance with Lucas. I find out he's one of Uli's nephews or something, from just outside Ordon. After the dance, I go to get a drink, I walked past Link on the way, by himself.

"Where's Zelda?" I asked him.

"Getting a drink, why?" His expression was cold. I could tell he was still really mad. I don't blame him, I was being so jealous and irrational.

"Wondering..." All enthusiasm drained for my voice and face, I realise now what a mistake I had made. Zelda, sees me talking to Link and goes to the bathroom. I decide to follow her, I need to apologise.

"Hey, Zelda. Look I know, I've been nothin' but awful to you. I don't deserve a second chance. I really hope you don't hate me, I know link does now, I don't blame him, I don't blame you either. If I'm honest I wish i could restart. But you know how it is to be in love..."

"You know, I think that's just what I needed to hear. Friends?"

I wonder if she's being too forgiving?At that point I just smiled and nodded my head. I was just glad I'd been given another chance, this time, I was gonna do it right.

Hope you're all enjoying the story! I'm trying hard to manage everything as well as update as often as possible, so I'm sorry for any delays!

~shadow