Chapter nine: The hero, carrying out his plans! [Part I]

I teleported in front of the temple of the Scared Grounds. My grip tightened on Link's sword. I'm surprised I can hold it for this long, to be honest. I would of thought a Goddess Sword would eventually start to repel or hurt a being of evil, such as myself, but I suppose not. Hm... Strange.

I tried to come up with a plan on how to make my entrance. Should I just waltz right in there and get on with my plan? Should I quietly sneak in? Either way, I will most likely be caught by the Goddesses' guard dog, or whoever else may be in there (since I also sense an unknown person inside).

I decided to waltz right in there and kill my way through. I opened the doors open and stepped in. Somehow, everything felt...peaceful and calm as I walked in. Nobody came to attack me as I expected. In the middle of the room, was a pedestal with some kind of large stone behind it. The stone had a bunch of ancient symbols and words on it which I was too lazy to read. In front of the stone, was one of those floating symbols I saw earlier in the flame room.

Well, I guess all I gotta do is awaken this thing, and grab the sky maiden. I walked over to the pedestal in the middle of the room and stood in front of the symbol and raised the sword skyward. Surprisingly, the sword glowed up and charged. A slight shine emitted from it. I am truly surprised that it would even work. Once it was charged up, I slashed at the symbol. The symbol happily spung around and returned to its normal position.

The ancient symbols and letters on the stone began to glow blue. They shone and broke up into tiny little blocks. The blocks slowly pieced together to form the Gate of Time. Within moments, I had witnessed a hunk of stone turn into the Gate of Time. So..it was that easy, eh? A shame, really. I would have liked for them to put up SOME kind of fight. I let out a chuckle and walked through the gate.

And just like that, I went into the past.

I stepped out of the gate, and looked around. Instead of the temple being in ruins, it looked as good as new. The floors and ceiling weren't broken and greenery wasn't taking over. Straight ahead of me, was a large sealed doorway where I could only assume Zelda was being held. I imagine she is in some kind of peaceful slumber. I understand what it's like to be disturbed from your beauty sleep, but it's time for you to wake up, my dear!

I walked over to the sealed doors, but before I could open the sealed doors, I sensed a disturbance behind me. "Oh? And who could this be, I wonder?" I moved my hand away and slowly turned around to see who was behind me.

There was some ridiculous looking male with the most hideous red hair style standing behind me. His... outfit had the same sort of aesthetic as Link's green tunic, so I could only imagine that this hideous looking boy comes from that same floating rock in the sky that Link and Zelda come from. This boy's golden eyes were staring directly at me. "Who are you, and what are you doing here?! And why do you have Link's sword?!"

So he's one of those guys who asks 1000 questions in one sentence, huh? I bet he's a real chatterbox too.

My lips curled into an innocent smile and I politely bowed. "My name is lord Ghirahim, and why I'm here has nothing to do with you. Now, if you could leave my sight...I have important matters to attend.." During the last half of my little speech, I glared up to him. He didn't seem to take the hint though. His hands rolled up into fists and he slowly went into a fighting position. "Tell me where Link is, or... o-or I'll beat you up!" I could tell he is scared. I mean - who wouldn't be scared of me!?

I let out a dramatic sigh, "So that's how you want to play.. And here I was... not planning to cause any bloodshed.." My innocent smile curled into a sadistic grin, "But we both know that's not true. So be it, I'll kill you with this sword just like how I killed your precious friend!"

I could see his eyes widen in shock for a moment and it looked like he bit the inside of his cheek. He made some kind of noise, sounding like he was fighting back tears. I wonder what he was on the verge of tears about? The fact that I "killed" his friend(?), or the fact the world will soon fall into doom and chaos?

I calmly walked towards him and slashed Link's sword at him. Unfortunately for me, he dodged out of the way, and quickly regained his fighting stance. I stopped walking and stared at him. "Is that all you're going to do?" I said out to him as he stood still. I faked a yawn in attempt to mock the boy. "How boring."

"....I won't let you near Zelda." Groose calmly said out to me as his golden eyes never left my sight.

Since I wasn't moving, he took this as an opportunity to attack me with his bare hands. He dashed towards me and attempted to lay a few punches at me. Oh my!
It looks like my sadistic grin came back.

   Aaand.. good-bye~♥︎

***

Authors note: Thank you all for 1K reads! I noticed it hit that today!
Oh, and there is also a sequel coming out for this soon, so stay tuned!

AND also, I made a twilight princess fanfic that focuses on Midna and Zant's childhood, because why not? Check it out if you want!