Chapter 13: Master Plan

I crossed the street coming from the Starbucks with about 12 cups of coffee in each holder. Ricky had multiple meetings today and I had to be at all of them, including the one at the club later. I wondered how this would go I was about 5 minutes late due to walking in these 6-inch heels. I heard the taxi driver honk his horn at me. "Sorry," I said quickly crossing the street. I finally got back to the office out of breath. I knocked on the door, hoping someone would hurry up and open the door. I desperately needed to take a seat. The door finally opened and I half smiled walking in. Ricky immediately stopped talking and everything went quiet. I placed the holders in the middle of the table watching all the colleagues grab a cup.

"There's also cream and sugar" I added.

"Thank you, Josie"

"Yeah, thank you, Josie"

"No problem" I smiled.

I walked over handing Ricky a cup. He didn't ask for one but he's always grumpy; maybe a little caffeine will work. He looked surprised taking it. "You put sugar in this? He asked.

"Yes, and cream" I answered. He took a sip placing it down. "Alright back to what we were discussing, " he said.

"As I was saying we're losing a lot of revenue due to our systems being down. So my tech team, I need you to immediately send out a message on the company's website informing everyone that our systems are down" he explained.

"I know there's a sign out there saying that Iron Grill is closed temporarily but we need to send out a massive especially to our reward members" he added.

One of the restaurants he owned electricity cut completely off for almost a week and they've been trying to figure out what the problem is. Ever since then I've been getting angry emails and calls from unhappy clients about them not being informed so Ricky called for an emergency meeting.

"Do you think we can send an advisory to the news?

" Yes, " he quickly answered. "That's a great idea, Vicky. I need you and Jaime can write up an advisory and send it to Local 10. " he ordered. I could tell he was really stressed out , making me realize that one day if I want to be a boss of my own it's going to cost me my patience.

Later that evening

"You get the sales record? He asked as we walked down the hall. "Yes, I emailed them to you " I said. "I need you to book me a flight for next Tuesday through Wednesday, " he said.

"Any particular time? I asked. "Morning is fine; the earliest flight will do, " he said.

"Okay," I said.I watched Kamaya walk near us and she wasn't in a happy mood. "You and Rudy fought? She pushed him catching both of us off guard. "What is wrong with you Maya? You better check your damn attitude... boyfriend or not. It doesn't matter" he said loudly. He looked at her like he was ready to kill her. I slightly removed myself from being a witness to their conversation. I walked into his office placing my things down.

Ricky

I moved her to the side to a secluded area. "Why can't you two just squash the beef? She asked. "Why can't you stay out of a man business, that's your problem. What did I tell you about that? Huh? I asked. She rolled her eyes "He is my problem" she spat crossing her arms. I nodded my head "You're right he is, as well as everyone's else" I said. She shook her head "Now I see why you got your ass whooped" she chuckled.

"No sweetie, I almost put your little crybaby boyfriend to sleep that's why you're crying to me about it, " I said. "You don't even know what you're mad about .. the two of you belong together, " I said walking away. " At least I got somebody, " she said.