The final Chapter

She cleared her voice. She wasn't good at speaches she never had been and probably never would. But she had watched james stand infront of his employees and tell them that they would all receive a cut in salary. She had witnessed james speak to thousands through a television interview. He always spoke with passion.

And as elena was sitting up last night trying to scribble a few notes for her speach on an index card she hoped there was enough passion and love in her words.

She watched the pair fall in love and break apart. She was and no doubt would always be the silent witness when it came to the saunders family.

"Im not good at making speaches" she began. Her fingers playing with the folded corner of her first index card. Folding it over and unfolding it.

"I never make them but.." She looked at the casket in the middle of the church "today is under different circumstances"
Why had she said she would do this her hands where sweating profusely. Her legs itched to run back to the pew she was in before she got up. But she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued.

"When I first started working for james he was alone. Just fresh out of college and preparing himself to take over the family company. He was depressed but what adult isnt. One day he brought home a beautiful girl with smooth blonde hair and a bright smile. Her name was katherine. I laughed as I watched him watch her. His eyes following her every movement. She was graceful and delicate in comparison to him. But they fit.
I watched him take her hand in marriage and her smile helped lighten the darkness his depression had created. I watched him loose her nearly 7 years ago now. He became a broken man and she became a single mother.
When Katherine walked back into the house that day. It was like she had never left. The spark of life ignited in james eyes and the love they shared was pulsing through the air. Katherine told us she had cancer unwillingly. She told us she didn't want to worry anyone. She wanted to go in peace. Well that she did. Her death was as graceful and elegant as she was. Her daughter had an amazing role model and a family full of love and happiness ella might not have katherine in the flesh but she will always carry a little of her. I have never met a woman with so much heart and soul, someone who felt everyone's pain like she did. Katherine it was an honour" elena looked out at all the people filling the pews. People who barley knew katherine here to support james and ella. They would be ok. They had to be

The minister stood up and moved to the pulpet where he would speak. James sat with ella on his knee and katherines mother at his left and elena on his right

"Throughout my career I have carried out many farewells to loved ones but katherines has been so full of love I dont think I could say anymore because she has been honoured enough already. She lived a full life full of love and friends and family. She volunteered at a refuge centre last spring and worked as a lawyer in a large firm. She made a life for herself and her family.

Ella has been brought up by a strong woman and in an environment filled with love i don't think she could have had a beter mother."

The minister took everyone out to the graveyard where they lay katherine to rest. The service was long and afterwards the amount of people who approached james was overwhelming.

The drive home was quite both james and ella had tears in thier eyes maybe that's why. ...

Elenas pov

The phone rang at half 10. I was just about to get in bed. But I answered.
It was the hospital. As I listened to the words on the other end of the phone I felt my legs begin to give out underneath me. How could this be happening?

I raced up the stairs and threw on the first thing I could find. The outfit I had worn to the funeral.
And as I drove my head was spinning. Thoughts of the funeral, a crash the doctors had said, critical condition the doctor has said. I'm so sorry the doctor had finished there was a lorry and a cross road junction. And a lot of blood

No. This cant be happening.

Arrived at the hospital and pulled out my phone to make one last call.

"Hello marks and sons funeral home" the lady's voice had answered

"Hi I would like to arrange the funeral of an adult and a child. The body's will need collected"

The end

Dedications:

iluvchickenpatties

daniventura03

aksak123x

werewolves-love