Chapter 3: Freed

Chat moved from roof to roof feeling the cold wind in his hair and seeing the pretty blue Parisian sky. It reminded him of the old times.

***

"Hey Chatton." Ladybug smiled.

"It's such a beautiful day, like you."

"What I'm a day?"

"No that's not what I-"

"I'm teasing. Race you to the Eiffel Tower."

"You're on." He smiled racing after her.

***

"Stop that." He said to himself pushing the thought away putting his hand to his chest, feeling his heartbeat increase thinking about her. He stopped in his tracks when a voice was heard in his head.

"Chat Blanc." Came the manipulating voice of Hawk Moth. "You feel negative about her, the one that hurt you. You want to destroy her, after all you are the Miraculous of destruction."

He listened to his words as the familiar purple butterfly outline appeared around his eyes.

"You know what I want, I grant you the ability to use your destruction more than once, and you'll be the only hero in Paris." Hawk Moth had him around his finger.

He was lured in by his words. Purple aura began to transform him starting from the bottom up. His midnight black boots began to turn snow white, along with rest of it slowly transforming.

Hawk Moth felt how much negativity was in the boy. This was his chance to get back at Ladybug, for what she did to him. He could destroy her, destroy the only hero of Paris who could put an end to Hawk Moth, prove that he's the stronger one.

"I..." Chat said making a fist, "am nothing like you!" The purple aura in an instant revered, turning the pure white suit back into midnight black.

"What!" Chat heard the anger in Hawk Moth's voice.

"I am not someone who or will be changed into someone who hurts innocents! I don't take advantage of people in their most vulnerable state or will I ever will! I will not hurt anyone!" 

"You're the Miraculous of Destruction! You will always be that! You're meant to Destroy like a monster!"

"No it's you, who is the monster."

"But she hurt you!"

"Doesn't mean she can get hurt back! I won't let that happen!"

"I will not be defeated this easily!"

"You have been in the past." There was a sudden sharp pain in Chat's head and soon his body. He dropped to the ground in pain. "What's... going on!" He struggled to say.

"Why don't you rethink your answer?" Hawk Moth said again as the purple aura once again began to engulf him. It was a stinging pain, hurting like a thousand needles all at once. To make it more worse it was like wire being wrapped around him. It felt to real, because it was real. The from Ladybugs yo-yo wrapped around him, the yo-yo in its purified state sucked the akuma into it. She released the yo-yo from Chat, the pain reducing from him, opening it to reveal a beautiful white butterfly flying out.

"No! I had him in my grasp! I was so close!" Hawk Moth cursed losing contact of the victim.

Ladybug rushed to his side, on the floor. "Chat Noir?" She asked seeing his eyes open.

"Why'd you do that?"

"Hawk Moth took advantage of you, but you fought it. I only stepped in because you were hurting pretty bad."

A dorky smile appeared on his face. "You heard what I said?"

"A little." She replied.

"I cant describe it but it was a sharp pain, stinging like a thousand needles."

"You're okay now."

His heartbeat increased. "For the most part." He got up on his feet.

"But I still hurt you..." Ladybug filled in the rest of his sentence out loud.

"I thank you but the cat has to leave." In an instant they back to their game of the antihero Chat and the hero Ladybug with the addition of Rena Rouge. Every time his heartbeat increased thinking of her, Chat got worried because his brain was telling him one thing but his heart was saying another. What should he listen to?