Chapter Thirty|| The Horse Rider

{Aurora's POV}

"Jackson? Where are you taking me?" I said with a laugh.

His hands were covering my eyes as he guided me Goddess knows where.

"Im not telling you, that defeats the purpose of me covering your eyes. It's a surprise so hush up." He said playfully.

"Demanding, I like it." I teased and I heard the low growl emitted from his chest.

"Are we almost there?" I asked as we walked.

"Maybe." He said and I groaned.

"Are you taking me some place to finally get rid of me? Kill me off? Feed me to the wolves?" I joked and heard his scoff.

"I don't think I could get rid of you even if I wanted to." He said and I smirked.

"You couldn't." I agreed hearing his chuckle.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you Aurora..." He mumbled more to himself.

"Hopefully not kill me." I joked once again.

He just laughed in response and we kept walking for a little longer. I knew we were heading through a path in the woods since I could hear the birds, frogs, and much more. The smell alone was one a wolf knew very well, but I couldn't quite put my finger on where he was taking me.

"Almost there." He said and I got excited.

Look at me. I used to dread anything like this but now... everything with Jackson seems so clear and right.

"Okay, we are here." He said and seemed... nervous?

"Jackson, are you nervous?" I mocked and could practically see his eye roll.

"No." He said a little too quickly and cleared his throat.

Seconds later he removed his hands as my eyes took in the sight before me. It was beautiful. It was an overlook of miles beyond us. There was no telling how high we were up, but it was perfect.

He had sat a table up with what looked like dinner and there was wine in an ice bucket.

I turned looking at him and he gave me a look that basically said 'Well?' causing me to notice I hadn't said anything.

"What is all this for?" I asked and he sighed.

"I wanted to get your mind off what has been happening lately, and I thought a night out would be okay." He said and looked even more nervous causing me to bite my lip as a laugh escaped me and I covered my mouth with my hand.

"What? Is it horrible? I knew I should have did something else..." He stated and I shook my head walking over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"It's perfect. Thank you, Jackson. This is very thoughtful of you." I said and he visibly relaxed. "You just looked so nervous, it was cute." I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"Well, I just wanted you to like it." He said and I grinned.

"I love it." I leaned up pressing my lips to his quickly but before he could respond I pulled back and grinned seeing him almost pout.

"Im starved, lets eat." I said and went to turn but he caught my arm yanking me back to him, "Me too." He mumbled and cupped my face crashing his lips onto mine. It wasn't his usual soft, delicate kiss. It was full of passion, lust, and love.

My hands found their way to his hair and threaded themselves within it. I tugged earning a groan from him and his hands left my cheeks trailing down to my hips holding them tightly.