Chapter 6

Dedicated Chapter Song: Your Ghost - New Year's Day

Is it wrong that I question my self control?
(Anna)

Is it wrong that I question my self control?(Anna)

"I thought we...saved them..." Anna exhaled shakily, her heterochromia eyes filled with tears. "So why....why is everything on fire?" she asked, but there was no one around to answer her question. Alone she stood at the altar, her groom dead by her side and her guests all slaughtered. Her hair and dress were singed and she was covered in blood and dirt, smeared from head to toe. "I saved everyone... didn't I...?" her hands were trembling like the wildfire around her as she slowly looked down at her dead husband, his mouth agape and his eyes bulging out from his skull. Her stomach wrenched and she dropped down to her knees. "Oh, God..." she wailed. "Levi, no...I saved you! This isn't real...you're not dead... stop pretending!" she grabbed his arm and aggressively shook him.  "Wake up, damn you! This isn't funny!" she screamed, feeling the heat of the flames getting closer to her. "You piece of shit! You can't just leave me like this! Wake up! WAKE UP!" but she stopped screaming as she heard a crack above her head. Looking up, she realized a large wooden beam was close to falling on her head any second now.

"If you've taken him...then just hurry up and take me too..." she whispered, clinging onto Levi's lifeless body, holding him tight in her arms. "I WON'T LET YOU TAKE HIM!" she declared. Snap! The wooden beam above her broke off from the heat, crashing down towards her. She braced for impact, ducking her head down. But she did not die. The sounds of crackling fire ceased. The heat was gone. "H...huh?" she cautiously raised her head to look around, seeing an empty venue. No dead bodies, no destruction, and she was all clean.  "Where did you go?" laughed a teenage girl with dark brownish-black hair as she ran into the aisle, wearing a simple white dress. A giggle erupted from behind Anna, who turned to see another girl, the same age as the first, clinging to her wedding dress. This girl seemed more lively than the first, with dirty blonde hair and wild green eyes.

"Roryyyy!" called the first girl. "I know you're here!" she looked directly at Anna all of a sudden, then tilted her head. "You're here." her lips pressed together to form a thin line. It was eerie how similar she resembled Levi. The same height, hairstyle and eye shape. Though her eyes were a mix of silver and gold. "We were wondering when you'd come back."

"...come...back?" Anna furrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't remember us?" frowned the blonde, who came out from behind the bride and ran to the other girl. "Don't tell me this is another subconscious test." Anna sighed.

"It might be." spoke the dark-haired girl. "But at least you know what you're fighting for now." she took the other girl's hand in hers. They were twins. Well, not entirely identical, but it was obvious they were the same age, height and body type. "What do you mean?" Anna slowly rose back up to her feet. "You don't wanna see him like that, do you?" pointed the blonde.