━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty: taken█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty: taken
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     D'QAR IS ABSOLUTELY buzzing when the transport touches down on the planet's surface

D'QAR IS ABSOLUTELY buzzing when the transport touches down on the planet's surface. Pilots and ground workers mill around the area, mingling with one another in the aftermath of a successful battle. As soon as the doors to the transport open, Indira wastes no time in exiting them with BB-8 following close behind her. In the sea of orange and brown uniforms, she does her best to pick out Poe's figure for BB-8. The astromech droid had chattered on about its master for nearly the entire flight from Takodana to D'Qar, pausing only once or twice to tell her about two people named Finn and Rey — the ones who had rescued him from Jakku after Poe's imprisonment.

      Indira had only been half paying attention as BB-8 prattled on, still reeling inside from the aftershocks of the destruction of the Hosnian system. A slow, but steady ache had spread its way throughout her temples, making her head pound with every small noise. Even so, Indira couldn't help but feel concerned when BB-8 shared with her that the girl who'd helped rescue him — Rey, the scavenger from Jakku — had been taken prisoner by the First Order on Takodana.

     "I'm sure General Organa will do everything she can to help your friend," Indira reassures the droid as they descend the ship's ramp, wincing against the brightness of the daylight around her. "It's gonna be okay, Bee."

     At least, I hope it will.

     Before she can say another word, BB-8 lets out a loud series of beeps as he spots Poe's ship and goes barreling towards it at full speed. In his haste, the astromech droid nearly knocks over a dark skinned young man standing nearby. Quickly, before he can fall, Indira reaches out to steady the stranger and grasps him by his forearms.

      "Sorry," she says apologetically on behalf of the droid. "He's just ... excited. Those two have been apart for quite some time."

     The stranger's brow furrows as he squints in the direction that BB-8 had gone in. The two of them watch from a distance as Poe turns around and spots his long-lost droid companion. Indira can't help but smile when she sees the way his face lights up and she laughs when she hears his enthusiastic cry of "BB-8, MY BUDDY!" before Poe drops to the ground to speak with the droid, waving his hands around wildly as he talks.