30 - Finale

Vampire Mates
30: Finale

Rosemarie’s Point of View

I took a hesitant step forward. The monster stood closely behind me, his slimy hand gripping tightly onto my wrist, as if afraid that I was going to run away any second now. I sucked in a deep breath as the dim light brightened, but only by a fraction.

“And so we meet again,” Enoch’s voice said. “Hello Rosemarie Julianna Smith. Good job today; harming people already without even training. Amazing, really; I see a very bright… or, well, dark future.”

The monster pushed me forward. I grunted.

“You are good at being bad, indeed,” Enoch cackled, “Welcome, Rosemarie, to our land. We are bad. We’re good at being bad. But, first, we have tradition to uphold. To enter into this place, you have to make your first blood sacrifice, and be baptized with it, in the name of me, and in the name of my father, the first founder of the Dark Xlinx.”

“Who should I kill, master?” I asked him, my voice hard, cold and emotionless; just like how I had spoken to Demetri just now. The thought of him made my heart clench painfully, but I push the painfully beautiful image of the boy aside.

“Him,” Enoch laughed, with pure evil evident in his voice (or, well, its voice, considering that it is neither male nor female). With a cold breeze blowing in the background, a spotlight glowed, and it then shifted. I saw a cage, and then…

I saw the man in the cage, out cold, his hand slightly twitching. My blood ran cold.

“Revenge is what we dark Xlinx do most of the time. Come on; show us what you’ve got.” Enoch said simply as I stared at my stepfather.

Or, if you prefer, my first blood sacrifice.

Demetri’s Point of View

I woke up with cold sweat beading my forehead. My breathing was uneven, and my head was pounding like crazy. I grunted and took the BloodKeep from my bedside table and gulped it down. My heart was racing like a sports car on a F1 track.

I shut my eyes at my dream. Was that real? It felt real...

I stood up and looked at the grandfather clock at the corner of my room. I had only slept for an hour. Lily wasn’t back, and was probably gossiping with the ladies. Biting my lip, I decided that I should go for a walk.

As I stood up and slipped into my sneakers, a Hollister shirt and a pair of jeans, I walked outside. Arthur, the butler, began to follow me, but I put my hand up.

“I’m just going to have a walk in the palace,” I said. He nodded respectfully. “You have your day off. Go to your wife. I heard she’s pregnant with you second baby.”

Arthur’s eyes glimmered with joy as he beamed at me, at the thought of his wife. “Are you sure, Prince Demetri?”

“Yes,” I nodded. “Now go. Go take care of Martha, alright?”

Arthur bowed and scurried away. Martha was his first daughter.

I began walking aimlessly, not really knowing where I was going. My mind was whirring with endless possibility, not even noticing where I was walking. I bet that if I were to walk straight into a wall, I wouldn’t even realize it.

“Prince Demetri!” A surprised voice said. I looked up only to notice that I had made my way to the servant’s quarters, without me even realizing. In front of me was a girl probably in her 20s. She curtsied quickly. “What brings you here?”