Broken Hearts

Sonia's P.O.V

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with me or Norah, I don't think Sam thought this through," Sierra says.

Sierra and Norah stopped by again for the third time this week. It's been two weeks since Sam kicking me out, hardest two weeks of my life. The twins were turning exactly one month tomorrow. My babies have grown so much in the past couple weeks. Sam did keep one promise, to visit his children every day. Sam has a special place in my heart, Little part of me stills loves him. The other part hates him. I still don't believe it, how can he change his mind like that, I know he still loves me. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I obviously couldn't tell Norah and Sierra the truth, I told them because of the incident I had to keep away from him to avoid danger to my children.

"No I made this choice, I'm fine with staying here." I smile at Sierra

"Wherever you're happy with, babe," Norah says

"I'm happy here." I lie.

"Okay well, we got to go. I'll visit soon." Sierra hugs

"Yes works been crazy, gotta go." Norah hugs

"Bye loves." I smile and they both walk outside.

I walk back into the living room. The house was perfect, it was a family home. Not too big not too small. The house had four bedrooms with washrooms in each, which was perfect. It was the ideal house I'd imagined myself in before I married Sam. My heart breaks every time I thought of him. He came over every day like he said but never acknowledged my presence. I should be mad but deep down I knew he didn't mean it, at least I hope he didn't.

I walked upstairs into the room I choose to sleep in. I wouldn't call it my room just yet. I didn't want Luna and Elijah sleeping in their cribs, so they slept with me. I walk towards the bed and Luna was asleep but Elijah was wide awake. I walk over to the bed and laid down. I sat Elijah on my stomach.

"Hi, baby! Shouldn't you be sleeping." I whispered like he'd respond. 

He smiled, I kissed his chubby cheeks. I knew he woke up hungry or needed a diaper change. I checked his diaper and it was still clean with means he was hungry.

I got up laid against the headboard. I lifted my shirt and Elijah right away started to drink my milk. His eyes started to close and he slowly fell asleep. I pulled the shirt down and let him lay in my arms. He looked so much like Sam. His nose and mouth. I smiled, Sam would've made a cocky remark if he'd heard me.

I heard the door open and Sam walked in.
"Ever heard of knocking?" I sarcastically say rolling my eyes.

"Why didn't you pick up your phone, or open the door. I called you so many times!" Sam yells

"Do not raise your voice at me! Your kids are sleeping! And my phone is downstairs." I whispered slash yelled.

"I'm sorry, I got worried." He sighs sitting next to me.

"Did you need something?" I say looking at him hoping to hear what I wanted to hear for the past two weeks.

"To see my babies." He smiles down at Elijah

"Right." I sigh.

"They're both turning a month tomorrow," Sam whispers looking at Luna.

"Yes, I know." I smile at Elijah then kissed his forehead.

"Time flies by." He says smiling at Elijah.

"It sure does." I look at him.

"Sam how long will this go on for..." I broke the silence.

"I don't know..." He huffs looking at me.

"I know you can't divorce me just yet...but if you can, would you?" I croak afraid of his answer.

"Doesn't matter because I can't." He says back stinging me.

"But you would've..." I couldn't help but my eyes watered, I tried to resist my tears from falling. I had to show him was capable of staying strong, despite the horrible things he's said to me.

He looks down and doesn't say anything, but I knew his answer. "Okay. Fine, I'm done. I can't handle this anymore, Samual Blossom you're no different from Greg. I should've seen it before, I should've never let you in." I can tell he's really mad. His jaw was clenched and his eyes darker then ever, but I didn't care.

"Sonia, I know you're mad. I'm sorry for hurting you, but I can't be distracted by you." Now I'm mad.

I got up and put Elijah in his crib beside his sister then walked out of the room, Sam followed and shut the door behind him.

"I distracted you! From what! I don't ask anything from you but your presence in your children's life. Is it bad that I don't want the man I love to get killed on your stupid missions! All I asked from you was to leave that job because you have a family now Sam. I can't bear losing you!" I scream.

"This is exactly what I meant! You make a big deal out of everything! You're selfish! This is what I love doing and you're telling me to leave it! All that training, and handwork went to trash! I don't think so!" He screams louder making me flinch.

"Fine! I don't care anymore so do whatever the hell you want to! Just go away! I don't want to see you again!" I spat.

"These are my children too and I have the right to see them every day! I'm not going anywhere!" He took a step closer.

"Okay then." I turn to walk away but was stopped and pulled back.

"Where do you think you're going? You're leaving our babies!" He yells.

"You need to calm down! I'm going downstairs. When you're done, leave." I hiss then walk downstairs

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge then walked over to the couch, turned the T.V. on. I was so mad at him and myself. He has always cared for himself. This time I knew I had to get over him, he hurt me really bad. I couldn't stand him!

After a while of thinking I realized something that we had was real, it couldn't be some kind of test to see if he wanted me or not. How could I be so blind? He couldn't have just stop loving me, something must've triggered him, I needed to figure out what it was. I need to save our relationship. His love for me can't just die, it's still there I know it. He wanted to play this the hard way so be it, I'll play.

___________________________________________________________________________