Chapter 6- The Ripple Effect

XANDER'S POV

It is almost ten in the evening when I finally came home, and I really missed my Emily. I hope she's sleeping right now because I am not yet ready to tell her everything, or maybe, I just don't know how.

It would also crush my heart to see her waiting for me for so long when all I did was stay at Jace's place for the whole day working out and drinking with him.

Whenever I feel bad, I drink. And yes, I really feel bad for straight-up lying at her. I have my own acceptable reasons anyway...

It's better to slap her with the truth than to kiss her with a white lie, Asshole.

I frustratingly shake my head as I park my car as quietly as possible because I don't want to wake her up.

I enter the house as discreetly as I can and peer from the vertical opening of our bedroom door. My heart leaps at the precious sight of her on our bed with Meowly sleeping like a gigantic cotton ball beside her, and Baymax behind her.

The television was left open and has been the one watching her instead. She must have fallen asleep while waiting for me.

She has been waiting for you while you were avoiding her...Where's your heart, Dude?

I know. I suck big time.

I slowly walk inside, approach the bed, and lean down to plant a soft kiss on her forehead. I want to give her a peck on her lips as well but I might not be able to control myself...

I wend my way to the kitchen and open the fridge to drink water. Everything seems to
be so quiet that I got surprised the water almost went down my wrong pipe when her soft, familiar arms circle around my body.

"My Emily!" I immediately turn around to hug her back. Judging by how tight her hug is, this woman really missed me big time.

Oh, this moment, the only beautiful thing that has happened to me today.

Tension began when she started throwing questions at me. Good thing I was able to dodge them all and convinced her that we should go to bed already.

I am tired, actually. Physically and mentally. It has been a month that I haven't worked out, and my muscles are strained out. I really want to sleep right now, but my kitten seemed to have something interesting in her mind that she wanted to do with me...

Of course, I didn't forget the sexy time that I have asked from her, but the feeling of guilt has been eating me up. That certain footage has been bugging and cockblocking me.

I feel like I'm the greatest jackass if I'll make love to her right now because that particular action was the reason why I am having these problems in the first place.

You know what I mean?

Honestly, you're blabbering shit that only you could understand, Man. Why don't you just say that your medical license is in trouble because of your dick?

Emily was indirectly seducing me and it was actual torture, really. I was acting like I wasn't minding her beautiful ass and legs at all, but unbeknownst to her, all I did was study her every move secretly.

I didn't even know what I was doing on my phone because whenever she wasn't looking, my eyes were covertly checking her milky white skin that I bet smelled like that fresh and fragrant pink soap of hers. Her alluring ass was also causing a lot of ruckus to something inside my pajamas.