Part 1.

The strong stench of alcohol on Miller made the passers by scrunch their noses in disgust.

Upon sight he looked like just another one the very few drunkards on a Saturday night with nothing particular to do with their lives. Miller was drinking because of how shitty his life was, having left the bar after only a few drinks he narrowly escaped bumping into a pole. It was only after he avoided it by staggering just to the right due to his weak legs that he turned around. His blurry vision caused him to see double the amount of poles. His life now felt like a waste, he felt like a paper bag aimlessly flowing in the wind with no direction only waiting to be thrown away.  

Miller continued down the street the night wanderers avoiding any contact with him mainly because the grim look on his face made them think that if they so much as breathed the same air as him he would pound them to the ground.

His tie hung loosely around his neck. His dress shirt had lost a few buttons due to vigorously pulling the material apart. Millers hair looked like a birds nest. The amount of times he'd run his hands through it was immeasurable.

Through his blurry vision he saw the name of his apartment complex. Marty Barty Apartment, the name annoyed the hell out of him. Who used a name like that? The owner should've just left it nameless. Miller pushed the two way door. Seeing that it wasn't opening he started banging on the glass. "Let me in!!"

The streetwalkers suspicions were confirmed. This man was definitely mad. It was only when a younger man pushed the door, exiting the building he realized that the outer sign said pull. Swearing under his breath he entered. The cool air conditioning sent shivers down his spine. Maintaining a steady stance in the lobby. Crystal , the receptionist eyed him suspiciously. A few other tenants did the same.

The Turner family were in the lobby. They looked like they'd just arrived from a night out. The picturesque family had his blood boiling. It made his mind wonder back to Paris. The source of all his discomforts.    

The events from before flooded his mind. How happy and anxious he was. Miller had bought a new suit and took extra care in styling his hair. His top notch features popped allowing him to look irresistible. He had invited his girlfriend of two years out to dinner. Solely for the purpose of proposing. 

When he arrived at the restaurant he had personally selected. His eyes caught glimpse of Paris sitting with another man. The man features made Miller look like squished bug. His high end suit and million dollar smile could win the hearts of many.

It was only when Miller took a seat he understood her full intentions. After cruelly introducing him as her friend. The announcing their engagement. Miller felt like he was thrown under the bus. Shamelessly leaving the restaurant he settled for the bar.  

The Turner family reminded him of the future he imagined with Paris. Wanting to release some of his anger. Miller turned to the garbage bin, giving it a swift kick. Crystal flinched when the metal collided with the ground, garbage flying around the room.

Seeing Miller walking over to the bin. Crystal thought the man had regretted his actions. Ready to clean up the mess he created.

"What did I do to deserve this?" Miller wept as he took shakily steps. "All I did was love her. Was my love not enough!" His voice rose as he stomped the ground.

Everyone stood frozen in place. Miller took up the metal bin steadying it on the ground. "My life is over," they watched as the man placed one foot in the bin. "I was thrown away," he said lifelessly. "Like I'm trash-- no, I am trash."

"Mom, why is that man in the trash can?" Young Turner asked his mother.

"Just look away honey," Mrs. Turner quickly turned her son head.

Fully in the bin, he stood like he was proud. Only being able to bend his knees a little. Miller began to sing. "I'm so lonely, so lonely~" his hand reached in his jacket pocket. Everyone wondered what the man was taking out.

Exposing a small black velvet box they sighed in relief. Miller opened it. The white gold beauty dazzled in aw. Tears trickled down Miller's cheek at the sight.

"Shit!" He hissed, throwing the ring across the room. It landed under the receptionist desk.

Remembering the value of the ring. Miller dashed toward. Forgetting he situated himself in the bin. He fell flat on the cold hard floor. The last thing he heard was the sound of footsteps and Crystal shouting frantically at him before everything went black.

×××

Feel free to vote and comment

EDITED