Chapter sixty seven

Diamond rings

The pair had ran out of the home of the police officer with one simple call

The pair had ran out of the home of the police officer with one simple call. Elijah had informed the pair of the Mikaelson sisters state, that was rapidly deteriorating.

"Lucien will have a cure tucked away amongst the werewolf venom cure, care for a little burglary love?" Klaus questioned, stopping as he noticed her silence.

"Can I sit this one out?" She muttered, fiddling with the hem of her shirt. Klaus rose an eyebrow at her request, a scoff lodging in his throat.

"No. Not when I have to save my sisters, I can't be worried about you too." his tone was desperate and Ava knew she had to go with him, but that apartment held bad memories.
Things she didn't want to revisit so soon.

But for him, she would face her biggest fears.

*****

In her hands, Ava had the ingredients for the cure. Her and Klaus were rushing into the compound to save the mikaelson family, not expecting such a vicious greeting.

Elijah lay lifeless on the floor as Rebekah thrusted the female hybrid into the air without an inkling of remorse.

Klaus pulled Ava to a stop before he dove toward Rebekah in a fit of rage, pulling the hand submerged into Haleys chest toward him.

"Not her." He spat at his cursed sister who had the mother of his child's blood painting her fingertips.

Rebekah turned in his grasp, diving toward the startled blonde only a few metres away. Klaus threw his sister onto a table, a growl escaping his lips.

"Not her either." Ava gulped as she pushed the cure toward haley, who was stumbling back out of her fog.

"Poor sweet Avangaline." Rebekah giggled as she was restrained against the wooden table.

"You're so afraid you'll ruin her, you keep her behind glass like some breakable object." The vampire hummed, flashing her void gaze toward the blonde startled in the background.

"She will break Nik, she's not precious." Rebekah spat, struggling to break free against the hybrids aggravated grip.

"Every woman that you and Elijah bring into our lives turn to poison, Niklaus. Its only time until she turns to poison too."

*****

Ava stood with cami on the night of Christmas, infront of the tree she had admired only mere hours before.

Ava didn't know if it was the Christmas spirit, watching Klaus save someone who meant nothing to him, or the feeling of solace in the air after the two mikaelson sisters were saved.
But the fear that had embedded into Avas skin, had subsided for a moment.

An arm snaked around her waist and dragged her slightly into their frame. Ava smiled, this Christmas was the first in a long time where she felt at home- not running away from the grief plunged into her stomach.

"Merry Christmas." Nik hummed, handing her a small black box. Ava furrowed her eyebrows, taking it into her small hands.

"Nik?" She whispered, but was cut off by the entrance of another. The group looked up to see Haley descending down the staircase with her family, a bundle of hope wrapped in her arms.

"Thank you for helping freya." Klaus grinned toward Jackson as he fell onto the last step, and handed him a glass of wine.

"I'm afraid we're all out of mason jar moonshine." The pair chuckled and acted like old friends as Haley moved toward the others.

Ava tucked the small box into her palm and dropped her hand to the side, ignoring the questioning stare from her sister.

"Well, Nik you are positively merry tonight." Rebekah beamed, entering the room as if she wasn't poisoned only a couple hours before. Nik rolled his eyes as he went to hug his sister.

"Oh no." He groaned as he spotted a fire pit lit in the background. The family laughed at the memory, Rebekah the most excited.

"I know its not a bonfire, but I improvised. Come on, its a tradition!" The vampire beamed, pulling her brother toward the pit.

"A tradition?" Ava asked, an eyebrow raised toward the three siblings tumbling toward the orange flames.

"Yes." Rebekah smiled as she turned to the blonde.

"The very best tradition."

*****

Ava stood staring across the balcony, the small black box nested into her hand, still unopened. The soft lights dancing across the quiet street sunk into the night sky like stars.

"You look." Klaus started, slipping through the entrance and almost going unnoticed.

"Don't say tired, you should never call a girl tired." Ava chided with a raised brow, a light smirk radiating from her lips. He hummed a response, eyes dropping to the case trapped in her small hands.

"I haven't opened it yet." She whispered, handing it back to the hybrid with a soft smile.

"It is a gift; don't be absurd." He replied, encasing the box within her hands once again. Ava gulped and nodded, her gaze intently glued to the small trinket.

"Why don't you open it?" He chuckled, a mischievous tint glittering his blue eyes.

"I don't want to." She mumbled, enough humour tainted in her tone to show her slight fear. Avas fingers trembled as she allowed the small lid to click open, a gasp threading through the air.

A small trinket was nestled in the box in a form of a rose gold band, diamonds encrusted as if it was a rose garden.

"Nik?" She whispered, feeling as if a stone had lodged itself in her throat.

"I know. I know, your morals and I know what your going to say. But Avangaline, over the centuries I have never met a spirit like your own." He slowly took the box from her trembling hands and slipped the ring from its confinements.

Avas eyes watered as she watched the concentration thread through the hybrids expression, he obviously had thought of this for a long time.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, I'm simply asking you to stay with me. And I promise I will always stay with you." His voice was as smooth as honey, and danced through the air as delicately as it could.

"Oh Nik, why do you have to be such a damn romantic?" She laughed through soft tears, letting the cold metal roll onto her ring finger.

"Its because I'm in love with you." Ava rolled her eyes and played with the ring now sat on her skin, watching as it glittered in the light.

"You've got what you wanted, no need to keep going." Ava mumbled with a sly grin, roping her arms around the back of his neck. Nik hummed as he pulled her waist closer, his eyes stuck on her rosy lips.

"I love you Niklaus." And the pair finally kissed.

•••

152k!

I hope this chapter is okay.

Shout outs:
@dreamswill
@Joannwhittingham
@JagB2002
@dazy_t

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye X