XLIV • Queen

Daphne peeked around a booth in the marketplace as Brody approached the baker's stand. He took a deep breath and stammered out a greeting to the young girl that was just donning her apron for the day.

She turned to the boy with a warm smile, and he held out the delicate package reluctantly. Her eyes lit up as she untied the ribbon and held up the dress, mouth a shocked 'o'.

"Come on, kid," Daphne whispered to herself as he scratched the back of his head nervously. He finally said something, quick and quiet, and the girl squealed in delight. She leaned over the table and planted a sweet kiss on his cheek.

The blonde lieutenant curled her hand in a triumphant fist. Brody turned away from the baker's stand, face red and expression dreamy.

Daphne backed up and hit a warm body, nearly jumping out of her skin.

"Young love," Nicola said, regarding Brody, and then smoothed her shirt. "Noticed you were busy all night."

Daphne winked, patting the satchel with her project inside. "Yeah, I've got an undercover mission today."

"Your undercover mission have anything to do with my workload?" The stout woman crossed her arms.

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "You could just say thank you."

"I could say don't touch my shit," Nicola snapped, but there was a ghost of a smile on her face as she left.

Daphne was showered and dressed in her new digs just as the sun was cresting the horizon.

"Leaving in ten," Letty's no nonsense voice came over the radio, and the blonde was sure that the scout wouldn't think twice about leaving without her.

"Holy shitballs, strawberry," Negan drawled from the doorway, and she turned to face him with a smirk. "When you said you had an idea of how to get into the Kingdom this is not what I fuckin' expected."

His eyes trailed down her collarbone to the low cut crimson bodice that seemed to hold her tits on a pedestal.

"And what were you expecting?" she asked teasingly, putting a hand on her hip. She'd been short on crinoline so the long skirt wasn't as poofy as she'd have liked, but more poof would have been uncomfortable for traveling anyway.

Negan didn't answer her, instead crossing the room to bury his hands in Daphne's soft curls and claim her mouth. She whimpered as his tongue expertly massaged her own, clutching his white shirt in her fists.

The kiss said everything they didn't want to vocalize; every nip a be careful, every suckle a see you soon. It was an eternity and a second all at once and they reveled in it, the heat rising between them an almost perceptible cloud.

A low beep from Daphne's radio signaled the five minute mark, and she reluctantly pulled away from him.

"I have to go," she whispered, voice hoarse and thick.

Negan reached down to adjust his considerable hard on, and then grinned, motioning to the door with a little bow. "After you, my Queen."

Regina squealed in excitement as Daphne descended the front steps

"Oh, Ezekiel is going to love you," she gushed, running a hand down the deep red fabric. "And your tits, jesus, you need a leash for those puppies."

Negan chuckled and waved to Letty, who was just climbing up into her Jeep. There was one other Savior in the backseat with an impressively large gun, but the rest of her scouting crew had gone ahead, covering a wide arc between Gavin's outpost and the Kingdom.

"Speaking of tits," Regina continued, putting a hand on her boss's lapel. "If I were to hypothetically seduce Frankie, you wouldn't melt my face off, right?"

Negan rolled his eyes. "She's fuckin' yours, Gigi," he relented, and pointed a finger at Daphne. "That's three fuckin' wives you've cost me, strawberry," he said in a warming tone, but she simply laughed at him.

She grabbed his finger playfully. "That one wasn't even my fault!" 

"You're distracting me so much my redhead ran off with my lesbian lieutenant." He drew his finger in and out of her hand suggestively, and she pouted.

"Are you complaining?" she asked innocently, and he jerked her forward to lower his lips to her ear.

"This dress better be in one piece when you get back, milady," he replied, "because I am going to fucking rip it off of you."