Jorah Mormont X Targaryen!Reader - Just Like Fire

(A/N) - This imagine is based on the song 'Just Like Fire' by P!nk. I hope you all enjoy it.

The most gentle dragon to ever live. It was a title you had more than earned, helping your sister rule over people who loved you rather than those who feared you. There had never been anything that made you happier than seeing the people bow to Daenerys as you stood by her side. But, as of recent, she had begun to become slightly more aggressive in her techniques, and her men were becoming heavy handed with innocent citizens.

"You have to reopen the fighting pits, Khaleesi." Hizdahr Zo Loraq had been spending far too much time with your sister, and you were worried that his sentiments may eventually rub off on her.

"The Fighting Pits are a violent and disgusting tradition; we have told you our position on the matter and it is final," you uttered softly. There had never been a use for the needless deaths other than entertainment and tradition, but all tradition was being dropped now that the dragons had come to Meereen.

"Not to offend you, My Lady, but you have a weak stomach and a woman's gentle heart. You do not enjoy the fighting but it's a tradition here," he started and you quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Your suggestion is that my sister is weak? And why, because she is a woman?" Daenerys finally spoke, and the man began to stutter out an answer until she held up a hand to silence him. "Y/N and I have seen things you can only dream of. Please pardon us if we want to take time to discuss the matter before allowing needless violence to spread through the city."

"But it would not be needless, Khaleesi," he started again and you let out a scoff at his words.

"Men murdering each other for the entertainment of those in the stands is needless; there is no way of wording it where people don't lose their lives without reason," you murmured, quickly getting to your feet. "Now, if you will excuse us, I think it would be best if you left." He nodded before giving a deep bow and leaving the room, ushered away by Ser Jorah. "I don't see why we have to keep seeing him," you huffed slightly, shifting so that your body faced your sister. "His father was a slaver and he is no better."

"He knows Meereen better than either of us do," she told you softly, giving you a small smile which you returned with a shake of your head.

"Surely someone else knows Meereen; he can't be the only person who ever grew up here," you muttered and she let out a small laugh. Her laugh quickly shifted into a sigh and her eyes drifted shut for a moment before she turned towards you.

"We do need to speak on the matter," she started and you scoffed at her.

"There is nothing left to say; we aren't conquerors and there is no need for bloodshed in this city," you told her but she simply shrugged before continuing to speak.

"It's a tradition here, and we are foreign rulers. They won't respect us if we don't respect their way of living."

You shook your head at her, your face falling and your lips turning down into a deep frown. "I tend not to believe that any of these people wish to be murdered for the entertainment of a few rich men who care nothing for their safety," you told her softly before getting to your feet. "May I be excused?"

Daenerys nodded, not lifting her eyes to meet yours as you made your way out of the makeshift Throne room. You gave each guard a small smile as you left, your sadness pushed down and hidden from the outside world. Jorah gave you a smile and a small nod as he passed you in the hall, and you quickly reached out, grabbing his arm and making him stop with you. "Is everything alright, (Y/N)?" he started, stepping to the side so that another guard could pass you both.

"Keep Hizdahr Zo Loraq away from Dany. He is influencing her far too easily and he has some detestable ideas about how to rule," you uttered quickly, your hand still resting on his arm as you did so, glancing around the hall for any spies.