• forty one

It seems to me,
that love could be labeled poison
and we'd drink it anyways.

Saturday, March 10, was the day Remus Lupin officially became a seventeen year old, and no full moon or broken heart was going to stop the drinks from flowing and the music from blasting in the Gryffindor Common Room that night

But the best part of the party, at least for three of the four Marauders and their accompanying Ravenclaw, was a certain Slytherin's presence. There was no need for physical force or levitating charms as Alexis willingly made her way over, styled with a dark green sweater and a grey beanie along with perfectly applied makeup. She sat cross legged on top of a table with a sly smirk decorating her lips as she ardently listened to Sirius' anecdote, chiming in from time to time with her own sarcastic comments. Her friends were dumbfounded, she could see it in their expressions. Taken aback by what seemed to be the closest thing they'd gotten from their Alexis over the past week. Truth of the matter was the girl was still in no spirits to attend a party or make sarcastic comments, surrounded by cheerful people and blaring music, but her pity party needed to end sooner rather than later, and after the previous night's stunt she knew she needed to get hands on with her improvement. Even if it meant forcing herself back to her old ways. Even if she had to fake it.

It was the first time in those horrendous two weeks, which felt like an eternity more, that they all felt genuinely happy, no longer burdened by the misfortunes of their reality. At least temporarily. At least for the night. Jokes and laughter quickly became the soundtrack of the event and although it was odd for Alexis to admit, faking being okay, along with a dash of alcohol, were actually helping brighten her spirits and ease away the suffocating dread.

As the night proceeded the alcohol level in the teenagers' bloodstream began to take its toll, turning the scene into a mess of incompetent beings that slurred their words and did weird dances. Alexis admired the drunken shenanigans humorously, taking small sips from a firewhiskey she'd gotten over thirty minutes ago. She was overly aware of what her drunken tendencies were and it was needless to say they couldn't be repeating that night.