80 - The Return

5 months and 2 weeks ago, inside the ancient realm.

A robust tan-skinned youth is sitting not far away from another youth who possessed an elegant blond hair and a noble aura in him. The two are seemingly busy with cleaning and deboning some of the fallen beasts in the area.

The tan-skinned youth threw the cleaned meat on his side and silently pulled the fallen beast's other hind leg and started deboning it once again. The blond-haired youth finished his part as well and piled it on his side too. Unlike the tan-skinned man, the blond-haired had paused for a while and looked intently at the other man.

The blond-haired then sighed and silently sat beside the tan-skinned man.

"Don't we have something to talk to... Theo?" The blond-haired youth started, breaking the silence in the atmosphere.

The tan-skinned man, Theo, froze for a while and silently placed the meat that he was cleaning away.

"Or should I say... Regalia?" The blond-haired youth proceeded with a faint smile on his face.

"BAAAAAAAMM!"

The scene happened too fast.

The blond-haired man collided onto the nearest tree while Theo was holding him in his throat. Theo's eyes started to darken and pushed the blond-haired man deeper into the gigantic trunk.

"Don't call me Regalia..." Theo whispered hoarsely then he withdrew his hand on the blond's neck.

"..." The blond-haired youth didn't frown or get angry, instead, he looked at Theo with great amusement.

"Since when did you recover your memories?" The blond asked with a smile while rubbing his now-sore neck.

"Earlier this morning, I had a long dream about it. The appearance of Small Seed triggered it. Although I haven't recovered it entirely... I still can't remember how did I die..." Theo responded nonchalantly.

"How 'bout you?" Theo added lowly.

"I got mine since the day I had been reborn to this body. Dragon souls had its own perks." The blond replied with a smirk.

"If the Emperor will find his own son and heir is actually an old dragon... I wonder what will his reaction be." Theo shook his head with a smile.

"Don't you dare...! The blond, Vaughn, frantically spat out.

Theo did not respond but waved his hand in resignation. He looked at Vaughn with a schadenfreude smile.

"I might have lost my previous dragon body, but I'm quite happy with my current identity as the crowned prince of Serkoff. After all, I'll be able to cultivate and temper my current body and reconstruct it into a true dragon... But as of now, my current self's father still needs me." Vaughn said sincerely.

"We are in the same boat... So do me a favor not to call me Regalia nor even tell my wife about this... Not yet that he hadn't recovered his memories yet. " Theo looked at Vaughn with serious eyes.

"..."

"I remembered Yulrir telling that he woke his meridians up using the blood inheritance of your previous self-- I would like to thank you for that. My memories woke up a little bit later than I had originally planned so that inheritance of yours is quite timely." Theo said sincerely. It was indeed true, if not for Azazel's blood inheritance to wake Yulrir's meridians up, naturally, Yulrir won't be able to cultivate until this day.

Regalia had long planned it himself, once he reincarnates... he'll find his beloved. He died without seeing or saying a word to Yin so he was not sure about his beloved's life after he passed away. He went through the great underworld and escaped the natural reincarnation cycle and passed through the mortal gate once again. His soul went towards a random empty embryo which is yet to develop. He was raised by his mother alone and became a talented alpha. What surprised him is that his current body contains a thick bloodline of an ancient godly beast, the white tiger. But that wasn't the best surprise... what surprised him the most is that he found his beloved's reincarnation quickly without even the help of his unawakened memories. They've become dao companion without their previous memories... If it isn't fate, what it is?