18. Worth it

I ran through my inbox and saw the newest message was from Jin. A lot of cursing can be read from the message preview so I didn't dare open it. I closed the opened apps one by one and got into the gallery. I flipped through the pictures I took of me and her and I found myself smiling.

Today was really a lovely day. 😊

I flipped back and forth looking into the tiny details of the photos when I accidentally answered an incoming call. It was Jin. Fuck. I closed my eyes in disbelief at my stupidity. Damn it. I hesitated in putting the phone into my ear. Jin's voice was already audible enough it was as if he was on speaker.

"Mwo."

"Mwo? Geuge daya? Geuge negahaneun mal-ida??! You've been gone the whole day and everyone's been asking where you are. You could've shown a little bit of consideration by telling us your whereabouts!"

"I know. I know. I'll come back first thing in the morning.." I rolled my eyes. It's like talking to my mother.

"You better ready yourself. Bang PD's gonna be serving some heavy scolding for your breakfast."

"Ne. Ne." Itching to end the call.

" And make sure that girl's worth the trouble you've got yourself into."

"What?!" Not really sure if I heard him correctly. How did he know?

The call ended.

Aish. I scratched my head in irritation.

I walked back to the bedroom still with the phone in my hand. I was pounding so hard on the screen as I typed in curses and threats I was going to send to V. How could he tell on me?! He had a lot of explaining to do when I get my hands on him tomorrow.

"You wanna order some food? I'm starving.." I asked as I clicked on send. She didn't answer. I looked up and found her sound asleep.

I approached the bed and sat on the edge. She was sleeping on her side with the pillow between her arms. I reached for the blanket and covered her up. For a moment, I found myself just looking at her.

What is it with you that affects me this much?

Her innocent sleeping face was just too perfect I had to take a picture. I almost dropped my phone when I realized I didn't turn the camera flash off. It almost woke her up. I hurriedly hid the phone under the nearest pillow. Good thing she just turned the other side and stayed asleep.

Damn it. That was close. I took the phone out and checked the photo. Luckily, I got a good shot.

"And make sure that girl's worth the trouble you've gotten yourself into." Jin's words echoed in my head. I shook it off and laid myself on the bed. I was too tired to eat anyway it'd be best to sleep this off. Tomorrow's gonna be one hell of a day.

I put the phone on the bedside table and switched off the lamp. I sleep in complete darkness. Jin was always kind enough to shut the lights off when he finds me almost losing consciousness. It relaxes me from all the lightings we're exposed to every day.

I lay on my back and put one arm behind my head. I'm exhausted but I guess sleep isn't ready for me yet. I used the time to think of the alibis I'd be using tomorrow. I always get the scolding amongst the members. I've never been a fan of rules and I always get my way most of the time simply because I'm responsible for the group's music. But today is another story. Now they really have something to blackmail me for.

I glanced at her sleeping quietly on the other side of the bed. Two pillows were in between us. A few hours from now our time is gonna be over. The thought of saying goodbye made my heart sink. I've never really had to say goodbye since I always leave right after I take a shower. I've actually been the best version of myself the whole time I was with her, I realized.