Vol 1 Chap 7 - Can An Jing help her to dress every day?

Chapter 7

"Look, Third brother! Her legs are red!"

For the second time in the same day, the same gorgeous prince kneeled down in front of Xiao Hua. He gently lifted her wet robe without asking for permission again and examines her red-as-lobster legs.

Honestly, if Le XiaoTing was not used in wearing shorts and knee-length skirts, she would have kicked him, no matter how good looking he was!

Is this the proverb where Xiao Hua would experience a fortune first before meeting a disaster? No, wait! Having this prince kneel down before her was not a fortune!

While Xiao Hua was busy in her thoughts, the third prince gently touches and prods her legs for a while before his hand moving away. But Xiao Hua's legs followed his hand, unconsciously seeking more of his touch. His hand immediately ceased moving and it was only then Xiao Hua realized what she had done, feeling extremely mortified.

She was not being a pervert! It was just that the third prince's hand felt good to touch, as the cold sensation was a relief of the heat on her legs. How was she going to dig herself out of this mess?!

The Third prince surprised Xiao Hua as he did not reprimand her. He wordlessly stood up, took out a small bottle out of nowhere from his wide sleeves and handed it over to An Jing, who had finally returned with a robe.

"Spread it evenly over the burn and keep her legs away from water or any warm things."

"Understood, Your Highness."

Prince ah, why are you telling that to An Jing but not her? She was the one with the injured leg, not An Jing!

"Third brother, that medicine..." Long Lian stared at the small bottle on An Jing's hand curiously.

The third prince said reassuringly. "I made it with my own hands. In two days, she will be fine."

Xiao Hua fought the urge to rub her ears. Did she hear it wrong? The third prince was the one that made that medicine? Since when did he even know how to concoct medicine? It was not written in the novel!

"Long Lian, go and get dressed before you catch a cold. I will wait for you and Xiao Hua in the main hall."

The Third Prince left with his blackguards, leaving the silly looking Xiao Hua with Long Lian that was staring at the back of her brother with reverence eyes.

An Jing approached Xiao Hua and without asking for permission, draped the robe over her shoulders before picking up her up in a princess carry style. How embarrassing!

Long Lian turned away from the funny sight and coughed few times to disguise her laughter. "I will go and change first!" The princess quickly went towards the room where she previously used to get ready for the hot spring with An Wan trailing behind her after her like her attached tail.

An Jing carried them back to the same guest room from earlier. Xiao Hua was placed on the bed carefully and the older maid tried to remove her wet clothes.

"Wait! I can do it myself!" Xiao Hua protested loudly. "Please give me my dry clothes."

Hiding her smile, An Jing handed her a set of clean clothes that was clearly not the clothes that she wore earlier. Xiao Hua examined An Jing's dress before staring at the clothes in her hand. An Jing's was pink and the one in her hand was blue.

"Why isn't it pink?" Xiao Hua finally asked when she could not figure out what was the reason behind it. She thought she would wear the same uniform as An Jing as they were both servants of the Third Prince.