six

June 22nd, 1991

After what happened last night, I slept it off and woke up. I felt better since I finally got the secret off my chest and cause Devante said he loved me back. Honestly I felt so good.

I was at the crib watching A Different World when the phone rung. It was from Devante, which of course made my day. I went to the phone to answer it.

"Hello?" I said on the phone.

"Hey Diana baby" he said.

"Hi De baby" I said back smiling hard as hell.

"What's up with you?" he asked me.

"Nothing much, you at Uptown?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Andre knows about us now... he was questioning me about that" he told me.

"Yeah... he caught me and Madison last night so I just might as well told him" I said.

"Right... so you have any plans today?" he asked.

"No" I said.

"That's good, cause I wanna take you out today" he said.

"Really" I said getting comfortable. "Where?".

"Like out to eat, I wanna take you out on a real date. Get to know you better. Especially since the first time we met, we didn't do anything of that. The only thing I knew about you was that your pus- never mind" he told me.

"Wow De" I laughed. "What time and place?".

"Maybe around 7 and it's a surprise" he said.

"Oh ight, talk to you" I said.

"Bye" he said back.

I hung up the phone and smiled. Now I gotta figure out what I was gonna wear.

later that day

So it was almost time for Devante to pick me up. I decided to wear a Red plaid fit with my Doc Martens.

 I decided to wear a Red plaid fit with my Doc Martens

I had no idea where we were going but I didn't care. I still looked nice.

I came out of my room and Madison was there on the couch. She got up as she saw me.

"Girl where you going?" she wondered.

"Devante's taking me on a date" I told her.

"That's cute, but with that on, I think y'all will be doing what y'all did the last time you went with him..." she said.

"Shut up" I laughed. "Nah but he's taking me out to dinner".