The Badass Weaslette (George Weasley Love Story) Chapter Ten

A/N: Yay, ten chapters :)

________________________________

Because I know what happened in the twenty-four hours after Dumbledore drew an Aging Line around the Triwizard Cup, so that nobody under the age of seventeen could put their name in, and after Fred George threw a fit because they couldn't put their names in, I am going to start from the point of twenty-four hours after the Trwizard Cup was lit, and the Champions had come out. Beauxbatons' Champion was Fleur Delacour - a half-veela, as Fred found out - and the Durmstrang's Champion was Viktor Krum.

     Hogwarts had two Champions; Cedric Diggory, and Harry. Harry Potter. Harry-Potter-my-brother.

     How could it be Harry - my little brother? He's too young; I'm too young. So why has his name been pulled out?

     Dumbledore spoke again, and, tripping to his feet, Harry rose. Every eyes was upon him as he passed Dumbledore and into the chamber where the other Champions had gone into. I just sat there, numb.

     "Off to bed now. Chop chop!" said Dumbledore loudly, trying to get some warmth into his voice. But I noticed him exchange a glance with Crouch as we filed out of the hall. People were already beginning to spread rumours; I glanced up at Fred and George, surprised at the impressed look in their eyes.

     "I didn't realize he had found a way!" exclaimed Fred as we reached the staircase. "He should have told us..."

     I glared at him. "Do you know that people have been killed in the past? Just because they say it's safe doesn't mean it's true!"

     "Okay, okay," he laughed, holding his hands up. I balled my own up in frustration and anxiety. "George, tell your girlfriend to calm down."

     "I'm not his girlfriend!" I huffed, and, shoving past Fred, I ran up the staircase and only stopped when I reached the portrait hole, my chest in knots. "Balderdash," I said hotly, and the Fat Lady smiled sadly at me before swinging forward. I climbed inside and flung my bag into an armchair before sinking down next to the roaring fire. It was a few seconds before the door opened again and it was only one pair of feet, not two. I sensed someone crouch beside me.

     "Wil?"

     It was Caylee; I unstuck my hands from my face, wiped my nose unattractively on my robes and then gave a strained smile.

     "Hey."

     "Hi." she paused. "What's up?"

     "Fred," I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

     "I thought you liked George?" she said, her expression confused and slightly hurt.

     "Wait, wha- no way! I don't like Fred - no way in heck!" I laughed without humour.

     "Phew." she smiled briefly. "How come you hate Fred, then?"

     So I told her how I was worried for Harry and how Fred treated it as a joke. When I finished, Caylee was wearing a puzzled expression.

     "What?" I asked.

     "No offence or anything, but why do you care for Harry so much? I mean, from all they people I've seen, they're either jealous of Harry, or hate him," she said, and I hesitated before explaining the whole sad sorry story of me being Harry's sister. Caylee's mouth was wide open.

     "You..." she mouthed. "You're..."

     "Uh-huh."

     "And..."

     "Yup."

     "Yet-"

     "Basically, yes," I told her before adding quickly, "just don't tell anyone else."

     She exhaled. "Who else knows?"

     "Dumbledore. Lupin. Mr and Mrs Weasley," I shrugged. "Oh, and Fred and George."

     "But not Harry."

     "Nope."

     "Okay," she smiled at me. "C'mon, they'll be back soon, and I heard the twins talking about stealing food from the kitchens for a party..."

     "And maybe for your romantic picnic as well."

__________________________________________

Turned out, Harry didn't put his name in the Cup, but he didn't know who did put his name in it anyway. I got this from him the next morning; Ron - and most of the school - didn't believe him either.

     "Don't worry," I said encouragingly, ruffling his hair up and laughing when he raised an eyebrow at me, "everything will sort itself out, you watch. See you."

     "Bye," he murmured distractedly, and continued walking with Hermione into the grounds. I, myself, headed back up to the Gryffindor common room to find a letter I wanted to mail to Lupin. I needed to tell him about Harry. So, there and then, I pulled out a piece of parchment, grabbed a quil, and then started writing.

Dear Lupin,

     Lots of drama has happened since my last letter I owled you in September. I'm sure you've heard about the Trwizard Tournament, yes? Well, Harry got picked as a fourth Champion. He claims he didn't put his name in the Cup and I believe him, though not many people do.

     Anyway, I just wanted to tell you Defence isn't the same without you here. Now that sounds kind of soppy; I think I'll leave it at that.

Bye for now - Willow.

It was short, but required what I wanted. With an air of triumph, I headed off to the Owlery to find Aphrodite. As soon as I stepped inside the dropping-filled-room, I froze ever so slightly. As did the person at the far end of the Owlery.

     George.

     I hadn't spoken to him since last night, as Fred had always been there by his side. I hadn't fallen out with George, but I ignored him even so. If that makes sense.

     "Hey," I said, fingering my letter. George was doing the same.

     "Hi." there was an awkward silence before George suddenly blurted: "He forgot, you know."

     When he saw me blink in confusion, he continued. "Fred. He forgot Harry was your brother. He told me  to tell you he's sorry."

     I nodded, smiling again. "Good. Tell him I overreacted. Shock. That kind of thing."

     I whistled a note and there was sudden cloud of feathers as Aphrodite landed on my shoulder. I tied my letter to her leg and she took off through the window, with George and I watching her. I coughed and jerked my head to George's letter. It was still in his hands.

     "Oh. Yeah, well, you know about that," he shrugged, and I nodded. After he had posted his letter, using a school barn owl, he slung his arm round my shoulder and we set off through the castle.

     "Dinner soon," he said wistfully, and I grinned.

     "Wahoo, I'm hungry. Race you down there?"

______________________________________________

A/N: My shortest yet... I think.