2- Venus Likes Gnomes

"Where are you going?" Eleven year old Venus Weasley asked her three older brothers.

"We're going nowhere Ve, go back to bed!" Ron told her bluntly.

"No, where are you going, I want to come!" Venus insisted.

"Shut up Ve you're gonna wake mum!" Fred pleaded with his sister.

"Not until you let me come with you!" Venus crossed her arms stubbornly.

"Okay whatever," George eyed their parents room wairily, "let's just go!"

She smiled in success, she hurried after her older brothers as they tiptoed down the stairs and pulled on some shoes, before hurrying towards the family's beat up Ford Anglea.

Venus didn't even bother asking where they were going, she sat happily in the backseat, looking out of the window and listening to her brothers bickering.

"Ve, if mum catches us you being here was all your fault." Fred told her.

Venus flashed a smile at her brother, "no I'll tell her you dragged me along. Where are we going by the way?"

"To rescue Harry," Ron told her, "the muggles have him locked up!"

Venus didn't speak again until they pulled up beside Harry Potter's window.

They hurries to load all of Harry's belongings into the boot of the car and they drove away, leaving Harry's Aunt, Uncle and cousin all hanging out of the window with looks of horror on their faces.

Harry and the Weasleys all zoomed away, roaring with laughter.

When Harry recovered enough to think straight he realized he didn't know everyone in the car.

"Who are you?" He asked Venus.

"That's my sister Ven...Ow!" Rob began, but Venus quickly stamped on his foot.

"I'm Venus," she said herself.

"Are you starting Hogwarts this year?" Harry asked.

"Yeah she and...OW!" Ron started again, but Venus stomped on his foot harder this time. "Ve I think you broke my toe!"

Venus ignored him, "yeah, me and Ginny both start this year."

"Are you twins?" Harry asked again.

"Goodness no," Venus laughed, "we leave that to the troublesome two here," she gestured at Fred and George.

"At your service," Fred saluted.

"No, my birthday is in October, Ginny's is in August," Venus informed him, "there's practically a years age Gap!"

"Oh, great," Harry laughed.

"Don't worry Harry little Ve here takes more after me and Fred than she'd like to admit," George said proudly.

"So pranking?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"What me? Never." Venus told Harry with a wink.

The twins laughed.

The car touched down at the burrow just as the sun began to rise.

Harry seemed to be drinking it all in.

"It's not much," Ron admitted, "but it's home."

"It's brilliant!" Harry grinned.

"So here's the plan!" Fred said in a hushed voice as they walked towards the house. "Harry go up to Ron's room, in the morning Ron come downstairs and be all 'mum look who turned up in the night!' and she'll be all happy to see Harry and no one will know we flew the car."

They walked into the dark kitchen, only to have the lights quickly flicked on, revealing their mother stood there.

"Beds empty!" Molly glared at her four children, "car gone! You could have died, you could have been seen..."

"They put bars on his window mum!" Ron protested.

"You ought to be happy I don't put bars on your window Ronald Weasley!"

"They were starving him mum!" Fred added.

Molly's eyes sofened as she looked at Harry, "would you like some breakfast Harry dear?"

"No thank you Mrs Weasley," Harry said politely.

George yawned, "blimey I'm tired! I'm think I'm going to go to..."

"You will do no such thing!" Their mother said, "you're going to de-gnome the gardens, it's getting completely out of hand!"

Ron, Fred and George groaned.

"I like the gnomes!" Venus grinned.

Mrs Weasley turned on her, "and you! Letting your brothers drag you into all of this, you haven't even started school yet!"

"They didn't drag me into anything, I..."

"Venus go to bed!" Mrs Weasley glared at her daughter.

"That's not fair!" Fred protested.

"You too Harry, it's not your fault that they flew that car," She smiled at him.

"No, I'll help Ron. I've never seen a de-gnoming before!" Harry replied excitedly.

"It's dull work." She told him.

"No I want to help!" Harry grinned.

"Okay then, off you go!" She herded her sons out of the house.

Venus tried to follow them, but her mother blocked her path.

"Bed!" She told her daughter.

Venus stomped upstairs and into the room that she and Ginny shared.

"Where have you been?" Ginny asked as Venus threw herself down onto her bed.

"It's a long story."

The first full length chapter. What do you think?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx