(23) Tell me again.

Chapter 23- Tell me again

"Cali," he groaned out. His breathing was ragged and his heart was beating too fast.

"You don't have to say anything, I just needed to tell you how I feel," I stated as I looked into his eyes. They were swimming.

"I-" he rasped. "Those words...I-I,"

"I love you," I stated again. He crushed me into his arms.

"Fuck, Cali," he breathed. "I fucking love you too,"

My heart started to calm. He didn't have to tell me he loved me back, because I had somehow realised it. But I was happier now. I knew how he felt and I knew the feeling was mutual.

I'm not the type of girl to just throw the words around. Infact, I had never said them before, not even to Dustin, but the feelings I felt for Dustin could never top how I feel for Kyle. It was almost as if they were alien; I suppose they were.

Kyle held me in his arms, immobile. I could feel his tense body, his crushing arms nearly suffocating me, but I welcomed them anyway. I didn't want to disturb him. I could feel his heart beating beneath my palm, fast, hard but ever so soothing.

We stayed in that position for what seemed like hours, and I was loving every second of being in his arms.

"I can't tell you how much this means to me," Kyle breathed. "This has been the best day of my life,"

"That's a bit extreme," I answered. But I knew where he was coming from.

"It's not. I haven't felt so happy since I was young and careless," I understood that. "Or maybe even ever,"

"Kyle," I breathed. He breathed in, as if he were taking me all in.

"I can't seem to let you go, but I need to, I've got to get home,"

"It's okay," I replied. He let go of me, and I instantly felt vulnerable, cold and bare. I hated being away from his comforting body. But I didn't have a choice.

"Tell me again," he demanded. "I need to hear it again,"

"I love you," he closed his eyes as if he was savouring the words just a little longer. His body was relaxed but I could still almost feel the little tremor of pleasure through his body as I said those words.

He came up to kiss me, and I savoured his soft lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he left. I watched him leave, wishing he didn't have to.

"Good night," I replied, before he was out of my sight. I sighed.

I made my way back inside, closing the door softly behind me. As soon as I stepped foot onto the dark wooden floor, Tammy was bounding up to me, her hair in a messy bun and her body covered in her holy pajamas.

"So?" She awaited my answer. I nodded my head and smiled.

"I think he forgave me," or maybe even more than that. Tammy didn't need to know the ins and outs, after all.

"I knew he would, I could see it," she smiled cheekily as I rolled my eyes. "but I still need to talk to you," I stopped dead in my tracks as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Oh crap, Tammy I'm sorry, I forgot," she flicked her hand as if it was no big deal.

"It's okay, you have a life to correct," she smiled. I laughed slightly.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I was generally intrigued and curious, but still a little nervous.

She sat down on one of the bar seats in the kitchen, she indicated for me to sit opposite her, and I did as I was told.