Chapter ten: The hero, carrying out his plans! [Part II]

I stepped forward and thrusted the sword. "Gh-!?" The hideous looking boy coughed out as the Goddess Sword penetrated his abdomen. "N..No..." He muttered out and fell to his knees. "Damn it!" The redhead coughed out some blood and he fell forward on the ground. After that, he didn't move. He must have passed out. Well, that wasn't long. What a waste of my time!

I threw the bloodied sword to the other side of the large room and walked back to the sealed door. I lightly touched the stone door, and it started to rumble. It slowly opened and I walked through the entryway into the new room. In front of me was a yellow crystal (or some kind of hardened sap) floating, and I could faintly see a female's body in it. Finally, my long search has come to an end. I walked closer to the crystal, but stopped when it began to glow. It glowed so bright, that I had to shield my eyes with my arm. The next thing I saw was that the crystal had disappeared and Zelda lightly floated to the ground. As her feet touched the ground, her eyes slowly opened. She wobbled a bit and placed a hand on the side of her head. She didn't seem to notice me yet.

She soon regained her balance and looked around. She lightly placed a hand over her heart, "L-Link...? Who... Who awakened me...?" Her voice was soft as she called out for her precious hero. Who would have thought that Hylia-Reborn and her little hero would lose in the end? I stepped closer to her. Her eyes scanned across the room before landing on me. Her face quickly turned to despair. I could see a tear fall down her face. "Hello." I smiled to her. "It's nice to finally meet you. Your hero has said so much about you."

Zelda stepped backwards as a few more tears fell down her face. "N-No.. Please.." I walked a little closer to her as she stepped back. I gave a small shrug, "Personally, I don't see any problem with this outcome. Shall we begin?" I snapped my fingers and a few daggers appeared in the air next to me. The girl put a hand in front of herself as a way of defend--...?!

I felt something hit my back, which made me yelp in surprise. It wasn't extremely hard, but I definitely felt something cut my back, and did it get me by surprise! I heard something hit the ground and I felt a presence behind me. "......" I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey! Don't forget about me! I'm not dead yet!" Ugh, not that redhead again. He yelled at me as he was leaning against the doorway to try to keep himself standing up. His tunic was now covered in his own blood and he also had some blood coming out of his mouth. "Groose!" Zelda called out to him in surprise. This 'Groose' person fell back down to his knees. "Phew. Throwing that sword took way too much outta me.." Zelda ran towards him and kneeled down next to him. "This is all my fault.. I'm so sorry...."

Hm... I guess he did throw Link's sword at me, because it was now on the ground near my legs. I watched them for a moment before making my move. Zelda now seemed more interested in Groose than me. Zelda tried covering the stab wound in Groose's abdomen with her hands. "It's bleeding too much...! You need to leave and fix that wound..." Groose lightly chuckled but coughed right after, "Zelda, you didn't do anything wrong..." He seemed to have lost his breath, and breathed heavily to try to regain it. "....I was just trying to help. It was m-my choice...."

They didn't seem to notice me as I teleported away, and waited to make my move.

***

This is all my fault. Groose.... Link... Why did you both have to get pulled into this?! ..I...I don't even know where Link is! He... Can't be dead, right? Groose's words echoed through my head, 'Zelda, you didn't do anything wrong. This was my choice!'

Liar.

This is all my fault!

I gave my injured friend a reassuring smile. Though, it didn't look too promising since I had tears falling down my face. "I'll.. get you out of here safely. You'll be fine. I p-promise." I grabbed and held his hands, and helped him stand up. I stood up as well.

I looked at him again and kept the smile. But for some reason.. a bunch of blood suddenly splattered onto me and on my face.

"Huh..?"

Out of nowhere, I saw a sword sticking out of Groose's chest. What just happened? Groose screamed out in pain and coughed out more blood. I stared blankly, and tried my hardest to process what just happened.

The sword pulled back out of his chest and Groose slowly fell to his knees. He gasped for air, since the sword probably hit a lung. He was bleeding more than ever, and was probably going to die soon. I also went to my knees, and gave him a hug. I know he used to pick on Link, but I could sense that he had changed for the better. I KNOW he changed. I felt him slowly hug me back which caused me to bawl my eyes out. "Goodbye..." I sobbed.

I could hear him try to say something, but he stopped breathing before he could actually say it.

I guess.. I will see Groose again soon, huh...? Maybe I'll see Link there too... And maybe even tell him that I love him.

My dress used to be pure white, but now it is red with blood and tears.

***

Authors note: Um, don't mind me just putting these chapters into parts. Heh....
Also I made a childhood Midzant, if you wanted to check that out.