Chapter 25

Naruto sighed. She's right. Why would Sasuke choose someone like her? She's rich and from a well known family. I'm just. I'm nothing. Naruto thought as they walked into the gates of Konoha. She had been repeating that thought since a few hours ago and it's really starting to annoy Kurama who had been constantly telling her that Sasuke loves her. Kurama wants to pull Sasuke into their mental link and tell the boy to freaking marry their little blond already, but he doubts that Naruto would change how she thinks of herself even if she marries Sasuke.
Listen here brat. I may be a thousand year old demon but you are by far the smartest one I've been jailed in. You come from both the Uzumaki clan and the Namikaze clan. They are both well respected shinobi families and you are one of the last Uzumakis and the last Namikaze left. You are important. You are good at what you do. That's what's Sasuke loves about you. You get things done and you do them really well. He loves you for you. Kurama said, shaking the blond in their mental link. After that little growling match with the spoilt brat, they had continued walking in tensed silence. Naruto radiating a pissed off aura and their client thinking she won. Sasuke had walked beside Shikamaru, knowing Naruto wants to be alone right now. "You better do something quick." Shikamaru muttered.
"What?"
"She isn't happy. It's not that she isn't happy with you but she isn't happy with herself. You know how she is. She doesn't think she's good enough." Neji joined in, Tenten nodded her agreement. Sasuke looked at them before he looked at Naruto's back. He knows she's not happy but he doesn't know how to comfort her if he doesn't know the problem. They made their way to the hokage tower to report in. "I want Sasuke."
"Excuse me?" Tsunade said, surprised by that as that's the first thing Yuki said when she arrives?
"I want Sasuke." She repeated, like it is normal and is treating Sasuke like an object.
"Well, I am afraid I can't help you with that. You may want him but he does not." Tsunade said, knowing full well that the Uchiha loves Naruto with all his heart and that he was willing to die for her like she will for him. "Sasuke is a human being. He has his rights to choose."
"Hah! Sasuke will choose me bitch!" Yuki said turning around to look at Naruto. Sakura glared. "NO! Why would he choose an outsider?! He would choose me!" Sakura screeched. Naruto took a deep breath to calm herself, her fist clenched so hard that blood dripped from her palm.
"Stop fighting you fools!" Hinata shouted and everyone went dead silent. Hinata was always so quiet and she suddenly shouts. "Sasuke gets a choice right? So let him choose. Sasuke?" Hinata said at the Uchiha. Her pale lavender eyes piercing his soul as if reminding him that if he makes a wrong move she would execute him right on the spot. "Ya Sasuke-Kun. Kiss the one you pick." Yuki said proudly, thinking she would be the one thinking that she's the richest and most suitable choice. Upon hearing that, a glint appeared in Sasuke's eyes. He can kiss Naruto now! He's been dying to kiss her since they left their room at the inn in spring country a few days ago. Naruto looked down at the ground, Sasuke would probably choose someone else now. Sasuke walked around, taking the longest route possible so that he can purposely walk pass the other two girls fighting for his affection so that he can crush their hearts.
When Naruto saw that Sasuke was walking towards Sakura, her heart sank. I knew it. Sasuke doesn't like me anymore. Keep looking kit. He just walked past pinky. Kurama growled but Naruto turned, about to leave. She felt someone grab her wrist and twirling her in. "Why is the one I want to kiss leaving?" Sasuke asked, tilting his head as if he was wondering about something. "Oh no. Maybe she doesn't want me. What do I do? Tsunade-sama, my beautiful girlfriend doesn't want me." Sasuke said, making the blond hokage grin at him. Naruto flushed red at being called beautiful.
"Come now. I want my kiss, Naru-chan." Sasuke muttered, tilting her head so that he can kiss her. They drowned out the screeching sound and the wailings from the other two. Naruto, I hope you will remember that I will always choose you. You are important to me and you always will be. I will be with you through thick and thin. I hope you will remember that, even if I have to remind you everyday that I love you. I will definitely do that.