13 • It's Going Down

when Nia heard the whispers going from person to person, she lost it.

"you did what?!"

"we nicked him. didn't you listen, nia?" The brunette glared at the boy, "i know what you did, gil! why the hell would you kidnap Ben?"

"to get to mal and get her to give me the wand." there it was again. that stupid wand that only made trouble. the young brunette was so sick of hearing about it. "why do you even need that stupid wand?"

"you know why, darling"

***

when the green-eyed girl saw the king of auradon being stuck to a pole, she got interested. as soon as she saw her blue-haired friend leave, nia approached him. "how does it feel being the bait for a wand, huh?" at the sound of her voice his head shot up, "nia, what happened? this isn't you."

"this isn't me? you don't know me at all ben."

"but i do. nia, you are one of the most amazing people i have ever met. when i first saw you in auradon, i knew i made the right choice to bring you there. i knew you had some good in you. i could see it even if no one else did," the young prince took a pause as he looked at the brunette in front of him, "nia, you deserved getting a new chance of having a better life. You deserved all the good that you got. i saw how happy you were. we all did."

"ben, stop-"

"i know who you are. you're the one I fell in love with. not even a cookie could change that. you are good."

"i'm not! i blew up a freaking church. the one that you got crowned king in. i literally tormented audrey and i enjoyed every second of it. i don't even regret anything that i did, ben. so don't you dare say that you know me."

"but that's the thing, i do know you! you are good." suddenly it was like something snapped inside of the girl. with a sly smirk on her lips, she walked closer to the boy. "that's the thing, king ben. i'm not good. i'm not even evil. i'm the definition of wicked with a hint of lethal in it."

watching from afar, the guy with a hook on his hand smiled proudly at his girl. nia caught him looking at her and winked at him before she took one last glance at the king in front of her and strutted over to her captain friend. "so what's the plan?"

"once i get the wand, i'll break the barrier and finally i will have control and rule the world." the young girl narrowed her eyes as her friend spoke. she thought they were going to do it together. "what about me?" uma looked at her, "you can stay here if you want. you can take over the fish shop to." and with that nia had enough of her.

"i am not going to sit by here while you do what we planned together! we're a team, uma."

"so what? i'm the one in charge of this."

"i've had enough of this crap of yours, uma. you have treated me like shit ever since i came back, and i'm tired of it." with that being said, nia turned on her heels and left the girl alone. her friend being furious at what she said followed her, "you don't get to walk away from me!" the brunette stopped dead in her tracks and turned around, evil being seen in her eyes, "or what? you're going to nick me to?"