64. Crybaby

A/N - this maaaybe my new fave chap y'all will see why oho

When Jungkook ran down the stairs of the dungeon, he expected to be greeted by a row of guards standing between him and the metal door, ready to fight the Crowned Prince to prove their loyalty to the King. He already had beams of light circling around his wrists as both Irene and Mingyu armed themselves, the trio ready for battle. So, when the youngest angel slammed the door open, he was determined to go against anything if it meant saving his friends.

Jungkook did not expect was to see Hemelian guards lying on the ground, all unconscious. The prince glanced at Irene and Mingyu, the two looking just as confused as him. After examining the scene once again, he noticed that someone was standing amongst the bodies, her wings tiny compared to his, blonde hair long and flowing down her shoulders to her waist, and she emitted an aura that sent a chill down his spine.

"So, another minion of the King?," Mingyu spoke first, shattering the silence before anyone else could. The butler still had his sword raised, eyebrows creased together as he stared at the woman and stepped in front of the prince with a protected stance. Jungkook was suddenly reminded of the angel's role as both his personal butler and bodyguard. "Who are you?"

The woman only stared in silence, the tension in the room thickening. She then flicked her blue orbs towards Jungkook, who stiffened a bit at her glare. Despite how uncomfortable he felt, he went through the Hemelian woman's thoughts, intent on getting a clue of her identity.

I know that you're reading my thoughts. Jungkook nearly screamed.

"W-Whoever you are, you'll have to get through us if you want the Crowned Prince!," Irene stuttered as she raised the axe in her trembling hands, although he expression was stern.

"Please calm down," The woman spoke suddenly, voice soft and smooth compared to what Jungkook imagined. She waved her hand and he noticed that she was wearing transparent white sleeves dotted with glitter. "I work with the Queen as well. I mean no harm."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the woman before going through her thoughts once again. As both Irene and Mingyu continued to question her claims, the prince's eyes widened as he continued to dig deeper into her thoughts. He raised a hand, making a gesture towards his friends. "Guys, it's okay. She's telling the truth... she works for Mother."

Mingyu and Irene glanced at each other for a moment before putting down their weapons. Jungkook faced the woman once again, the latter giving him a warm smile as she placed a hand on her chest and bowed slowly, elegantly, her movements similar to that of a princess. "My name is Sooyoung but my acquaintances, most especially the queen, prefer to call me Joy. I am honored to be in your presence, Crowned Prince."

Jungkook bowed back out of instinct, although he still had a baffled expression on his face. "Please, there is no need to bow. Why... why are here, if I may ask?"