Chapter 9

Months went by as you strived to get more powerful to fight Mercer. You had practiced with your powers that you found out that you could make a shield and tranform into anyone, which put you in a sticky situation when you accidentally morhed into magneto. You and Laura have gotten closer as you both went on dates and Logan has surprisingly been okay with it, after he made a very scary threat. You were now walking to the mansion when you saw a cloud of smoke in the air. You rushed to it when you found it was coming from the mansion when you ran into it you looked for anybody. You found a number of students in need of help but some you couldn't save. You looked for the professor and found him, in Mercer's hands. He was holding him by the neck blade at the ready. You felt so much rage you rushed at him with your blade and blocked his attack on the professor. He threw the professor to the ground and focused on you. "You think your ready?" "Shut up and fight." He slashed at you but you blocked it turning your other hand to a shield to block his other attacks but they were so fast you couldn't keep up and he stabbed you in your shoulder. You yelled in pain and he twisted his blade and severed your arm off. "I can't wait to consume you." After he said that you got up and changed your hand into the hammerfist punching him into the burning school. You ran in after him only to find Scott under some rubble he couldn't lift. "Hold on, I'll get it off." You lifted it off him only to get your other arm severed. Scott started changing into Mercer with his blade out. "You need to tell who is the real one is." He used muscle mass to pummel you into the ground until you couldn't get up. He then walked out and brought the professor who was unconscious, by the neck infront of you. "Just know, this is all your fault. Everyday you will be reminded that all this, is your doing." He then punched a hole in the professor's chest, then absorbing him. You were so in shock and disbelief by what happened infront of you that you used all the biomass in you to regenerate and morph your armor. "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" You slashed at him with inhuman speed and anger that he couldn't dodge. You then held him in place with your tendrils and walked infront of him. "Your done Mercer." As you were about to consume him you felt agonizing pain in your head. You looked at Mercer and he had a smirk on his face then you remembered, any mutant you consume you gain their abilities. You fell to the floor in pain as Mercer stood up and faced you. "I'm not going to kill you, I want you alive, so you could feel the pain, then at your best, I'll kill you. But for now, I'm going to send a message." He then started to use his new power to contact every mutant. "All mutants, this is Alex Mercer. Your professor is dead, he would still be alive if (n) left my lab to join him. You were always discriminated because of your 'gifts', but if you join me, we will show the humans who is the superior species is." He then walked away leaving you in the burning mansion. What was left of the X-Men were watching the structure crumble to ashes. You got up and made your way out of the building and faced them. You then looked at Laura and walked past them but she grabbed your arm. You looked at her and forced your hand back to your side, morphed wings and flew away leaving them to watch you leave but before you left you told them one thing. "ALEX MERCER IS DEAD."

A/N:Wanted to speed things up a little bit sorry if it seems rushed.