Epilogue

Five Years Later

"Kaden?"

I snap my head up to the door. She's back already?

"I'm in my office, baby," I call out.

I hear her feet come up the steps before they stop outside my door. It swings open, and in walks my beautiful, perfect mate, Allie.

"Hey," she murmurs, smiling widely at me.

I smile back, get up from my chair, and walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her body and she leans her head against my shoulder, breathing me in.

"What's up?" I ask her, kissing the top of her head. "I thought you were going to hang out with Emily,"

She shrugs. "I was going to, but we got to talking, and I just wanted to come home. And she wanted to go see John,"

Figures she wanted to see John, I think to myself. Newly mated werewolves can't keep to themselves.

"Okay," I say. "Well, I'm glad you're home,"

She smiles against my shoulder and hums. "I am too,"

I kiss her gently before walking back over to my desk chair. But I don't get far before Allie stops me by grabbing my wrist.

"What is it?" I ask, raising a brow.

"We need to talk about something," She looks down at her feet. "It's partially the reason Emily wanted me to come home,"

"Okay..." I trail off. I have a bad feeling about this. Allie never really flutters around topics like this, and if she is, it must be something bad.

"Um..." Allie looks back up at me through her lashes. "Just don't get mad, okay?"

"I won't," I murmur, even though I'm not sure. I'll try not to get mad.

"Here," Allie takes her hands out from behind her back and hands me a white stick looking thing.

"What is this?" I ask, my forehead creasing.

"Just look at it," she mumbles.

I nod and do what she says, lowering my eyes at the plastic stick. Two pink lines immediately catch my eye, and beside them sits an eight letter word I never expected to see.

"You're pregnant?" I whisper.

I look up at Allie and she nods, her eyes gleaming with tears. Why is she crying?

"Hey," I murmur, walking over to her. "What's wrong?" I wrap my arms around her, letting the stick drop to the chair beside us.

"You aren't mad?" she whispers into my chest.

"Why would I be mad?"

She shrugs, but doesn't answer.

"I promise I'm not mad, baby," I kiss her head. "I'm anything but mad, actually."

Allie lifts her head slowly, her shimmering blue eyes meeting my own. " What? You really aren't upset?"

I shake my head. "I'm really not upset," The last thing I would have thought Allie would tell me is that she's pregnant. But even if its a surprise, it's a great one, and I couldn't be happier. "I don't know how I possibly could be,"

Allie smiles. "You'll be a great dad, I can already tell,"

I shrug. "I don't know about that. I think you'll most definitely be the favorite parent. Everyone loves you the second they meet you,"

She giggles and the sound is music. "I think you're getting us confused,"

I shake my head, leaving down to kiss her lips softly.

"Well, I guess we'll see."

****

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the final part to this story. It's been a great ride. If you have any other questions regarding this book that I haven't answered, please go to my Book Guide. I'll be answering all questions as soon as I get them.

And if you need a nw read, check out my story Possessive and Possessed on my profile, and look out for two other were old short stories coming soon. I'll keep you all posted on my message board.

Have a great day! :))